Anyone...in this forum...know if the syncing of Exchange Tasks and Notes is supported in 3.0?

Thanks
    CC
    05-16-2009 02:25 PM
    I don't know about tasks, but I am sure it won't sync notes. Not even Windows Mobile Exchange Active Sync can do notes over the air. MS never built it into the Exchange server and no one that I know of knows why. EAS on Windows Mobile can do tasks, but I am not sure any other device that supports EAS other than Windows Mobile can sync tasks (but I could be wrong about that).
    05-17-2009 05:04 PM
    I have given up on syncing notes as notes. Now I create an appointment for a note, and just add in the notes section. That works just fine.
    05-17-2009 06:51 PM
    iMExchange will sync Notes and Tasks. It works great. I know it's not directly built into EAS, but it works great.
    05-17-2009 10:08 PM
    johnH59 (or anyone else who has experience with imexchange)

hi there, sorry to bother you, but i'm DESPERATELY trying to get some info on imexchange. i'm a decade-long, heavy outlook user, especially tasks and notes, and i'm trying to find a way to get good functionality on my ipad for those things. i've tried MANY third party apps and they're all kind of lacking. i'm considering going to a hosted exchange server and using IMexchange but i have a couple questions about how it performs and i cant get an answer from their support. i'd love to ask you a couple questions if you've been using it.

specifically:
    -can you work offline with notes and tasks on the ipad/iphone using imexchange or do you have to have a connection?
    -if you CAN, is it read-only or can you make changes in your notes/tasks offline and have them sync when you get connected to exchange again?
    -if you CAN'T, how long does it take to load the data each time you open the app? i have 300 tasks and 1700 notes.. is this practical?
    -is there a good view for ipad that uses it's potential real estate to see a good long list of your tasks/notes, or is it restricted to the iphone layout, where you can only see a few at a time?
    -are you using exchange 2010? ive heard it doesnt work with 2010.

thanks a million for your time.
    cheers
    corb.
    10-11-2010 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD