Is there a way to make i phone notes alphabetical?

andycohen

May 16, 2009
Visit site
I would like to know if there is any way to make iphone notes program alphabetical rather than by time of post. I hae about 200 subjects and it is time consuming to scroll through them all to find the post i am looking for. I know there are many apps for notes, but do not want to have to reenter all of my notes to make them alphabetical. Any way to do with with existing iphone app, or, if not, is there a new notes app that enable me to transfer my existing notes without retyping them all?

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Unless I'm wrong, I think the whole purpose of Notes is to keep "important reminders" close at hand. Accumulating 200 notes in the iPhone is like adding 200 Post-its on your computer monitor or refrigerator? each one becomes less important and more difficult to notice or find, thus defeating the purpose of "reminding."

I would do what iMuggle suggests and find something else in the App Store to document things (like a list, journal, or notebook app) and use Notes to handle notes.

When 3.0 is released you can copy and paste all of your 200 notes into another app.

Last edited:

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Evernote is a pretty nice app for notes and you can sort your notes by date or by title and you can also create multiple notebooks for further organization.

It has replaced notes completely for me. Notes is only designed for basic note taking.

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Evernote is a pretty nice app for notes and you can sort your notes by date or by title and you can also create multiple notebooks for further organization.

It has replaced notes completely for me. Notes is only designed for basic note taking.

Same here. The search feature is great. With the latest update, you can even search for text within an audio note.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I replaced the Notes app with Evernote. I have Evernote on my iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, and two desktops. It really makes a difference when all notes can be in sync. Plus, the app works fantastic.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods