Will Apple Reveal New iPhone at WWDC? <Poll>

Will Apple reveal the new iPhone at WWDC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Yes.

Just a stupid guess,
the WWDC website,
has a iPhone image there.

And,

As you can see, they said "powerful technologies in iPhone OS".

So, my answer should be Yes. But that's a guess. :)

I do not understand. New "iPhone OS" has already been announced. Why or how does what you quoted imply the announcement of a new iPhone?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Has anyone stopped to think that, well, as morbid and disheartening as it sounds, we just might not see Steve again at any keynote? Or that his health, always under a shroud of secrecy, has declined to the point where there is no coming back?

If that is true, and it is very possible, Jeremy would be correct. Apple is bigger than Steve Jobs. It has to be. He is finite (as we all are), but Apple is infinite. If Apple is going to release a new product, they will do so, with or without Mr. Jobs.

I think they will remove him from the big spotlight, but will be a part of the company for a while to come. This way when he finally does leave everyone can see it still was doing well even without Steve doing keynotes.

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I think they will remove him from the big spotlight, but will be a part of the company for a while to come. This way when he finally does leave everyone can see it still was doing well even without Steve doing keynotes.

And in fact it might do better without Steve's totalitarian idiocyncracies at the helm at all, let alone keynotes.

Many iPhone features were stone-walled till Jobs was out of the picture. (Cut/Paste, MMS, Video). It can't be a coincidence that he goes on leave and all of these things get done in 6 months after he refused to add them for the entire life of the iPhone brand.

Apple learned its lesson when Steve retired the first time. But that lesson was not that they could not survive without Steve, it was that they could not rest on their laurels and continue to jack up prices.

Apple has to innovate. Apple can't be run by Bean Counters ONLY. That was the lesson learned.

Turning loose all those innovative guys in the labs is worth way more for Apple than having Steve trot out and say Boom. There are enough Fanboys out there that Steve is not needed to evangelize any more.

In fact, the Cult of Steve is getting to be pretty old and tiresome. He's old and tired. Let the new kids in the lab carry the torch for a while.

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
And in fact it might do better without Steve's totalitarian idiocyncracies at the helm at all, let alone keynotes.

Many iPhone features were stone-walled till Jobs was out of the picture. (Cut/Paste, MMS, Video). It can't be a coincidence that he goes on leave and all of these things get done in 6 months after he refused to add them for the entire life of the iPhone brand............
Never attribute to malice what can easily be explained by stupidity. I do not think that Jobs really wants to be remembered for the things that did not happen on his watch. I have been a great advocate for copy and paste but I do not believe that Jobs resisted it or MMS.

It is interesting how this thread has morphed from being about the next iPhone to being about Jobs. Long shadow.

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
My original thought was no, but after these past few days i think it'll be the highlight. I think i just convinced myself that it wasn't going to be out for a while because i just got my 3G and if i had waited another month i could have the new model.. Ah well, people are still jealous of me everywhere i go =)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The vote is three to one. I wish that the three had anything more to offer in support of their position than hope. I too am hopeful. However, I act on belief, not "faith," much less hope.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
2 more weeks until WWDC... anyone getting excited yet? :)

I am!!! Our family vacation starts on June 8, so that's kind of annoying. Thank God my iPhone gets reception at the lake!!!! I'm tempted to go into town for iPhone Live that week (if there is one), but my parents would probably kill me.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I am!!! Our family vacation starts on June 8, so that's kind of annoying. Thank God my iPhone gets reception at the lake!!!! I'm tempted to go into town for iPhone Live that week (if there is one), but my parents would probably kill me.

Don't forget your iPhone charger... ;)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Definitely... two weeks can't come fast enough. When it does and we're waiting for the 3rd iPhone, that wait will be even longer.