Will Apple Reveal New iPhone at WWDC? <Poll>

Will Apple reveal the new iPhone at WWDC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Title says it all, will Apple reveal the new iPhone at WWDC?

Feel free to include your reasoning behind your vote.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It's getting harder and harder to tell. I know Apple will need at least a several week lead time to announce the iPhone to avoid having the FCC do it for them. But now the iPhone hardware has to compete for stage time with it's 3.0 OS and of course the new OS X release.

I still say YES. Only other reason I would see it not happening is if there was a special event in late June to not just announced the new iPhone but the return of Steve Jobs, hopefully with some meat on his bones.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Yes, becuase it makes sense. I posted my thoughts on my blog and after doing that I read Gruber's thoughts on this (Daring Fireball Linked List: A New iPhone Means New APIs)
Munster is an analyst for Piper Jaffray who is supposedly an expert regarding Apple. But he?s such an ignoramus that he isn?t even expecting a new iPhone to be announced at WWDC ? probably the easiest and most obvious Apple prediction of the year.

I understand the argument that if they do a late June / early July special event then Steve would be back from medical could be the one to present it, but I have a feeling they are going to take him out of that role going forward so I'm sticking with yes.

Also, wouldn't it be a bit much to have a special even 2 weeks after WWDC?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think not. However, there will be a sufficient interval between any announcement and availability to allow adequate time for planning.

I really do not like adding rumor-to-announcement delay to the already long announcement-to-availability delay. One has more important things to do than to fantasize about the next Apple product. Of course, one will not sell one's Apple stock as long as so many of you continue to do it.

Last edited:

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
One has more important things to do than to fantasize about the next Apple product.

Naw, fantasizing about the next Apple product is very high on my priority list :D

I do think that Apple will announce a new iPhone at WWDC. Yes, our speculations are built off rumors, but I see validity in many of them. It also seems as though Apple may be trying to diminish their stock of the 3G before the announcement.

I understand the argument for Apple holding a separate event to announce a new iPhone when Jobs returns, but I really don't see that happening. WWDC is an event to help and teach developers how to develop for their products. If Apple has a new iPhone for the summer, they need to announce it at WWDC. Even though Steve's baby is the iPhone, I don't think he's dumb enough hold out the announcement til a week or two after WWDC. I'm personally still rooting for some secret surprise appearance of Steve :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Naw, fantasizing about the next Apple product is very high on my priority list :D

I do think that Apple will announce a new iPhone at WWDC. Yes, our speculations are built off rumors, but I see validity in many of them. It also seems as though Apple may be trying to diminish their stock of the 3G before the announcement.

I understand the argument for Apple holding a separate event to announce a new iPhone when Jobs returns, but I really don't see that happening. WWDC is an event to help and teach developers how to develop for their products. If Apple has a new iPhone for the summer, they need to announce it at WWDC. Even though Steve's baby is the iPhone, I don't think he's dumb enough hold out the announcement til a week or two after WWDC. I'm personally still rooting for some secret surprise appearance of Steve :)

I honestly don't see Jobs holding up the announcement of a new iPhone. So I tend to believe we will see it at WWDC with or without Jobs making a special appearance. Just my 2 cents.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Just like llofte said, it's going to happen... the new iPhone will be announced. The past two iPhones were done this way. The first gen was announced in the 1st qtr of 2007 and the iPhone 3g was announced in the 2nd qtr in which both were announced at the events and availability was given (June 30 and July 11). What I also believe is going to happen is that July will be the release of the new iPhone as well as the new iPhone OS (3.0). More features that the new iPhone will be capable of will be announced via 3.0.

I_magination

May 16, 2009
Visit site
ok I was almost going to go to the store and buy 1 right now untill I read this, I guess I can wait till june 30, but i'm soooo sick of verizon. i just want to cancle verizon right now!! but that would leave me without service for a little under a month, if I got an iphone I would want to do it through the att contract deal as so the price is reduced. also the 32gb, 3.2 camera, fm funcitonality would make it the only device I would ever need to carry on me for the rest of my life. I would never have to have any other kind of device on me ever. And with 32 gb I would put every video on there from Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! with room to spare. I could then turn myself into a mobile theatre for convincing peole that 9/11 was an inside job carried out by persons in control of our military industrial complex ;)

scaliasphone

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Hate to be Debbie Downer......

I honestly don't see Jobs holding up the announcement of a new iPhone. So I tend to believe we will see it at WWDC with or without Jobs making a special appearance. Just my 2 cents.

Has anyone stopped to think that, well, as morbid and disheartening as it sounds, we just might not see Steve again at any keynote? Or that his health, always under a shroud of secrecy, has declined to the point where there is no coming back?

If that is true, and it is very possible, Jeremy would be correct. Apple is bigger than Steve Jobs. It has to be. He is finite (as we all are), but Apple is infinite. If Apple is going to release a new product, they will do so, with or without Mr. Jobs.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone stopped to think that, well, as morbid and disheartening as it sounds, we just might not see Steve again at any keynote? Or that his health, always under a shroud of secrecy, has declined to the point where there is no coming back?

If that is true, and it is very possible, Jeremy would be correct. Apple is bigger than Steve Jobs. It has to be. He is finite (as we all are), but Apple is infinite. If Apple is going to release a new product, they will do so, with or without Mr. Jobs.

I hope he is ok, I would rather him not show up to any of the keynotes so he can recover.

tchaves

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Apple is bigger than Steve Jobs. It has to be. He is finite (as we all are), but Apple is infinite. If Apple is going to release a new product, they will do so, with or without Mr. Jobs.

I agree that Apple is bigger than just Steve Jobs, but he's a singularly charismatic leader, and Apple's success really has come and gone and come again with him.

Clairvoyance

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes.

Just a stupid guess,
the WWDC website,
has a iPhone image there.

And,

The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) provides developers and IT professionals with in-depth technical information and hands-on learning about the powerful technologies in iPhone OS and Mac OS X from the Apple engineers who created them.

As you can see, they said "powerful technologies in iPhone OS".

So, my answer should be Yes. But that's a guess. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods