1. Sopralto's Avatar
    OK, I'm breaking down and asking for advise. I have had a Palm Centro (no tomatoes, please) for about a year and a half. I've been a Palm user for over 10 years, but am ready to make to move to the iPhone. I am already on A&T, but don't have my full upgrade until October. Do I try to negotiate with AT&T for a 3G now, go ahead and pay the full upgrade price, or wait until October and get the new one?
    05-11-2009 01:31 PM
  2. sting7k's Avatar
    Best advice, do NOT do anything until after early June. Apple is holding their WWDC and giving more details on iPhone OS 3.0 as well as a highly expected new iPhone model. Wait until after that to do any negociating with AT&T.

    So just wait about another month before you do anything. I'd say your chances will be pretty good that AT&T will be willing to deal if your going to throw down on a new iPhone.

    Edit - Note, they will likely only announce the new iPhone next month, it might not be on sale until late June or July.
    05-11-2009 01:55 PM
  3. Tramain's Avatar
    I would wait untill after June to see if apple releases a new iPhone
    05-11-2009 02:50 PM
  4. PhxBlue's Avatar
    Yes definately wait. It will be a short wait in the long run, and you will be very glad you did.
    05-11-2009 03:09 PM
  5. Thndrct619's Avatar
    I would say to wait for your upgrade, you will probably end up getting the new iPhone for less than you would pay for a 3G now. You should be able to do an early upgrade 30 days earlier from the date you are eligible. So it would be September ,but you have to go to a store in person.
    05-12-2009 09:03 AM
  6. sil3ntrid3r11's Avatar
    Yeah i would wait too! no sense in getting the 3G now and being yesterdays news once the iPhone v3 comes out.. Its hard but stick it out!
    05-14-2009 12:10 PM
  7. jhamilton3's Avatar
    Although waiting stinks, it definitely is your best option.

    Getting the current model out right now would satisfy you right this minute, but then if something new did come out you would more than likely want that and be stuck..
    05-14-2009 08:32 PM
  8. Beloved's Avatar
    I was a Palm user for MANY years myself and making the switch was a HUGE jump in the right direction!! But like the others say here, wait till after June.
    05-17-2009 02:26 AM