TiPb Birthday Bash: Pre-Celebration Contest Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
May 11 marks the anniversary of the original Phone different and the iPhone blog's transformation and merger into -- the all new TiPb! To celebrate, we'll be counting down and giving away fabulous prizes including iPhone accessories from the TiPb Store, promo codes for some of our favorite iPhone apps, gift certificates, and and grand prize big enough to blow our previous contests away!

The Birthday Bash officially kicks off Thursday, May 7, and will take place primarily here on our TiPb iPhone Forums. To help you get started we're even going to run a little pre-celebration contest contest!

No, that's not a typo. We're going to be running so many contests next week, we're running out of ideas for them! That's where we can use your help:

- Tell us your best, most favorite idea for a contest. (i.e. caption a funny photo, write an iPhone haiku, etc.)
- Keep it short, simple, and sweet. (We have the big stuff covered, but you can help us fill in the rest).
- If we pick your idea, we'll thank you with a $20 iTunes Gift Certificate (US or Canada stores only).
- We may need several ideas, so don't be shy! Bring 'em on!

The countdown to the Birthday Bash Countdown starts now!

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Wow Birthday already. I'm not very creative but i find my iphone to be like a friend. Once contest should be writing about how your iphone has saved you from certain situations. We could caption favorite pics taken with our iphones. We could tell stories of how the iphone has saved us from boredom at work school ect.

teejayhanton

May 31, 2008
tj.hanton.net
Here's a couple quick and dirty iPhone contest ideas ...

- iPhone horror stories (how you almost, or did, destroy an iPhone)
- Best/most creative picture from an iPhone (no editing)
- Best/most creative movie from an iPhone (stop-motion using iPhone stock camera)
- iPhone app ideas
- iPhone camera scavenger hunt

If I can think of more, I'll come back and post them.

Last edited:

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
One idea, although a bit complicated could be to have people send iPhone pictures of a particular or a few particular things, like an old man wearing a funny hat. Then the TiPb staff pick their 5 favorites and then let users vote on the winner out of those selected.

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
what about a "where's iphone?" type of thing? people could send in pictures of where their iphone has been -- sort of like those travelocity gnome commercials.

jpuent

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Contest for iPhone

I think the best contest (helpful to readers and fun) would be to name your favorite App in a certain category (game, productivity, etc) and tell a fun story of why?? fav game and where you were stuck unsing it to pass the time, or why Zrnbe lists is my wife's Favorite app on my iPhone (she can update my list of things to pickup from the web while I'm at the store trying to get out the door!)

Just my two cents!

Thanks,
JPuent

redking31591

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
How about something like longest message typed on an iPhone, or a what will the next iphone look like photoshop contest or the best how the iphone saved my butt story contest, real or fake. Hope these help happy birthday

troystaylor

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Highest iPhone monthly bill (I work for an international non-profit and people travel overseas and forget to turn on Airplane Mode)
Twitter why they love their iPhone (preferably with the Twitterrific app - my favorite)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Great contest ideas, but puts a lot of work on staff as far as choosing a winner. Here's one that's simply easy to pick a winner. Staff picks a number between 1-999. Contestants submit their iPhone UDID with the letters removed. Add up the remaining numbers. Contestant with the sum closest to the chosen number wins!

nickpav

May 2, 2009
Visit site
which app is the most useful and why?

who has the most app downloads (itunes will have the count if you back them up)

the most useful idea for an app not available

best story on why someone LOVES their iphone (fake, like the jokes "if you love it so much why dont you just marry it?"

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
Why not ask viewers to tell about amazing stories of how their iPhone or iPod touch survived an accident or an amazing feat. Say, for instance, my iPhone was hurled out of my pocket while running and lands in a pile of snow. With NO damage done. And yes that happened to me.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Why not ask viewers to tell about amazing stories of how their iPhone or iPod touch survived an accident or an amazing feat. Say, for instance, my iPhone was hurled out of my pocket while running and lands in a pile of snow. With NO damage done. And yes that happened to me.

Since I have a death grip on mine at all times, I am against this being chosen as a contest!!! :D

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Most unusual use of some iPhone feature/app. IE, not using it as a paperweight, but rather using some aspect of the fuctionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen