TiPb Birthday Bash: Pre-Celebration Contest Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saylor.thomas

May 5, 2009
Visit site
iPhone addiction = Trouble in marriage?

How about holding a contest to see how many users have had relationships affected by the use of their iPhones. (i.e. met people with location-sharing or social networking apps, constantly arguing with spouse over time spent on the iPhone, etc.)

smchrist2

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Hey.

Coolio Contest Contest idea! ! !

Contest for the coolioest most awesomely amazing iPhone 3rd (or 4th) generation design!

?List cool features including camera, battery life, screen resolution, etc.!!

And maybe (hopefully) it could give mr jobs a few ideas as well!

Hope you all like it!

~Sean~

Star

May 5, 2009
Visit site
The caption idea is always good,
but what about a cute line related to whatever you are giving away.

Short and sweet and to the point.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
How about non-Photoshopped photos of your iPhone in the most extreme locations? On top of a bridge or cliff, skydiving, underwater, extreme heat or cold places, in front of a mob?

Or next to the oldest or worst-conditioned smartphone?

Or how about the most trashed-looking but still functional iPhone?

darthcees

Apr 23, 2009
www.illustratorave.com
How about a contest where you draw a caricature of the iphone?

Here I'll start
iphone_color3.jpg

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm into the trashed looking but functional idea since I would win! haha

How about best name for the next gen iPhone?

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Damn. Somebody already said it! I like the idea of the best Next-Gen iPhone concept using photoshop. I've seen some great pictures already and I think it would be nice to see what more people will come up with. Has anybody seen the concept pics of the iphone with a slide out qwerty?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Maybe best custom made springboard?

I was thinking the same thing, but I feel like even winterboard doesn't allow for enough variation for a clear winner to emerge. But I still think it would be a cool competition that would show off a lot of really nice looking springboards.

croush

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
App Organization Contest

How about best / most novel organization system for app pages? This is pretty subjective to judge, but I'm sure we could all benefit from a sure-fire way to organize the 5-9 pages of apps many of us have, without the complication of JB apps like SpringJumps and Categories.

croush

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
TiPb "Add to Home" Icon Re-Vamp Contest

The TiPb "Add to Home" icon is lovely, sure, but wouldn't it be nice to reboot that sucker for your big B-day bash?

Take submissions of all types (concepts, sketches, or full-on photoshopped .png file) for an icon which conveys the purpose of the site without losing its unique identity. It's clear what the iPhone in a speech bubble means, but how does that differentiate TiPb from every other iPhone blog out there?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
If this contest idea is for a big prize, then one of the more involved ideas sounds great. But if it's for a little prize, how about a twitter #hashtag entry with the winner chosen randomly. Something like #TiPbBday.

idontlikeonions

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Here's an idea...

If you've ruined your iphone somehow, what do you miss most/ what have you realized you almost can't live without now that you don't have an iphone?

best story wins....

lagmefragme

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I hope that whatever the contest is, it isn't something that is too subjective to 'win'... unless you're going to narrow it down and then allow voting by TiPB registered users to pick the winner (not just have Dieter or Rene pick based on what they 'like').

Course, this is your guys' website so you have the right to pick based on what you like... just putting the 'voting' up there as an idea.

Now... simple idea for a contest is some sort of word scramble puzzle would work. Or you could do a hide and seek hunt amoung pages/articles on the TiBP website based on simple clues leading you do the place to enter the giveaway (i.e. a clue being, happens every other wednesday... making you goto the iPhone live podcast page to find the next clue).

Then winner choosen randomly from amoung all the people that solve the puzzle.

Last edited:

loopboy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
some ideas:

- what can we do with an iPhone other than what we know already...
- photo contest: 30 DIFFERENT flicks of the same object (example: a mailbox)
- Funniest O-face
- Most useful app that you cant live without
- Functions that you would love to see on a future iPhone

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Get items together that spell "iPhone" like the first letter of what the item is is the letter

example:

Ice
Post it note
Honey
Onion
Necktie
Earphones

notice how each beginning letter spells Iphone

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts