Contest ideas:
    • Finding the most interesting app in the App Store.

• Finding the most downloaded app or game in the App Store.

• What I wouldn't buy with a $20.00 iTunes Gift Card.

• How would a $20.00 iTunes Gift Card make me a better person.

• In these economically rough times how much could you squeeze out of a $20.00 iTunes Gift Card?
    05-06-2009 05:06 PM
    What's the best or lamest pick up line you've used to start a conversation regarding noticing his/her iPhone?
    05-06-2009 05:13 PM
    How about your the app purchase you have made that you regret the most post contest..

Happy Birthday!!
    05-06-2009 05:50 PM
    How about the best picture someone has of using their iPhone with a background. Say you have a background of leaves, try to make the iPhone look like some of the leaves using the screen.
    05-06-2009 06:29 PM
    Looking forward to the contests. Happy anniversary!
    05-06-2009 08:18 PM
    Costume contest!!!

Dress up the most like an iphone or something apple related IN PUBLIC
    05-06-2009 08:26 PM
    I think a good contest would be to ask contestants to take a screen shot of their home screen and explain why the chosen few made the cut.
    Last edited by jnamcharg; 05-06-2009 at 09:53 PM.
    05-06-2009 09:43 PM
    Hmmm. Give contestants a limited budget and have them describe what accessories they would buy from the TiPb Phone Store and why. Most creative or best explanation gets all the accessories on their list.
    05-06-2009 10:00 PM
    Allright, one more. Start a special forum section and ask contestants to create new topics. The topic that has the most different people who post in a given time frame get the prize. People will get their friends to post- but that's the idea. You could also just look and reward the people who have already done this...
    05-06-2009 10:11 PM
    App store treasure hunt - follow clues to find a certain final app/clue. Contact a couple developers and have them each add a clue to the bottom of their app description page leading to the next app in the contest. (TiPB provides the initial clue.) This would be great for the developers (lots of publicity) and fun to play (following all the clues to find the final app in the contest).
    05-06-2009 10:18 PM
    App store treasure hunt - follow clues to find a certain final app/clue. Contact a couple developers and have them each add a clue to the bottom of their app description page leading to the next app in the contest. (TiPB provides the initial clue.) This would be great for the developers (lots of publicity) and fun to play (following all the clues to find the final app in the contest).
    this wouldnt work because the updates need to be accepted from apple, which will time. idk if updates are accepted faster than actual apps though. i could be wrong. good idea though
    05-06-2009 10:33 PM
    this wouldnt work because the updates need to be accepted from apple, which will time. idk if updates are accepted faster than actual apps though. i could be wrong. good idea though
    I thought dev's could update their description whenever they wanted. I could be wrong.

I like this idea, but it might be too late to contact dev's to do it.
    05-06-2009 10:41 PM
    Longest phone call
    05-06-2009 11:47 PM
    - iPhone camera scavenger hunt
    i like that idea.

how about a ringtone remix?
    05-07-2009 01:17 AM
    How about a photo constest for best random picture? could be fun to do for the members.
    05-07-2009 01:56 AM
    Name a short cut? Would be interesting to see all the answers. Tipb could then randomly draw from those who submitted a short cut.
    05-07-2009 02:57 AM
    here's one: do a event cache with groundspeak where the first to log it wins a prize.
    05-07-2009 12:17 PM
    Contest for those daring enough to physically modify their iphone...

Here's an example at SteamPunk (though its only an iPod :o): Jake's Hollywood Adventure and Etching an iPod | The Steampunk Workshop
    05-07-2009 04:24 PM
    of the all the iphone blog users, who has the oldest iphone?, proof of date and time the person bought their iphone
    05-07-2009 06:52 PM
    The iPhone Blog should post a contest via Twitter. That way you guys can get more followers on there as well.
    05-07-2009 07:27 PM
    how about listing your favorite apps by category (maybe a different one each day) and then talk about how you use it, as a teaching tool to help newbies and pro's alike. everybody works differently, different tricks are always welcome - some work & some don't, but it's always fun to see.
    05-07-2009 11:33 PM
    Forum Trivia.... post a triva question, next post MUST be the answer... if answered wrong you get minus points. Every answer right you get a point (or more points if you want to award harder questions more points). After every answer (right or wrong) a new question is posted. At the end, most points wins (if more than one person has same number of points pick randomly from those with the same number). Game continues for however long you want (till end of birthday bash).
    05-08-2009 04:24 PM
    Ten best reasons why an iPhone drinks BlackBerry juice for breakfast and eats Microsoft-baked cookies for dessert
    05-11-2009 08:33 PM
    Thanks everyone! We'll notify anyone whose contest idea we used or adapted ASAP! (Give us a couple days to recover from the bash, though -- boy did it take a lot out of us!)
    05-12-2009 11:03 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD