How about a contest where you draw a caricature of the iphone?

Here I'll start
    05-04-2009 11:32 PM
    I'm into the trashed looking but functional idea since I would win! haha

How about best name for the next gen iPhone?
    05-04-2009 11:37 PM
    Damn. Somebody already said it! I like the idea of the best Next-Gen iPhone concept using photoshop. I've seen some great pictures already and I think it would be nice to see what more people will come up with. Has anybody seen the concept pics of the iphone with a slide out qwerty?
    05-05-2009 01:34 AM
    Maybe best custom made springboard?
    05-05-2009 10:03 AM
    Maybe whoever has the 30th post in this thread
    05-05-2009 10:24 AM
    Maybe whoever has the 30th post in this thread
    I prefer 31st...
    05-05-2009 10:26 AM
    Maybe best custom made springboard?
    I was thinking the same thing, but I feel like even winterboard doesn't allow for enough variation for a clear winner to emerge. But I still think it would be a cool competition that would show off a lot of really nice looking springboards.
    05-05-2009 02:09 PM
    How about best / most novel organization system for app pages? This is pretty subjective to judge, but I'm sure we could all benefit from a sure-fire way to organize the 5-9 pages of apps many of us have, without the complication of JB apps like SpringJumps and Categories.
    05-06-2009 09:41 AM
    The TiPb "Add to Home" icon is lovely, sure, but wouldn't it be nice to reboot that sucker for your big B-day bash?

Take submissions of all types (concepts, sketches, or full-on photoshopped .png file) for an icon which conveys the purpose of the site without losing its unique identity. It's clear what the iPhone in a speech bubble means, but how does that differentiate TiPb from every other iPhone blog out there?
    05-06-2009 09:48 AM
    If this contest idea is for a big prize, then one of the more involved ideas sounds great. But if it's for a little prize, how about a twitter #hashtag entry with the winner chosen randomly. Something like #TiPbBday.
    05-06-2009 11:06 AM
    Here's an idea...

If you've ruined your iphone somehow, what do you miss most/ what have you realized you almost can't live without now that you don't have an iphone?

best story wins....
    05-06-2009 01:19 PM
    I hope that whatever the contest is, it isn't something that is too subjective to 'win'... unless you're going to narrow it down and then allow voting by TiPB registered users to pick the winner (not just have Dieter or Rene pick based on what they 'like').

Course, this is your guys' website so you have the right to pick based on what you like... just putting the 'voting' up there as an idea.

Now... simple idea for a contest is some sort of word scramble puzzle would work. Or you could do a hide and seek hunt amoung pages/articles on the TiBP website based on simple clues leading you do the place to enter the giveaway (i.e. a clue being, happens every other wednesday... making you goto the iPhone live podcast page to find the next clue).

Then winner choosen randomly from amoung all the people that solve the puzzle.
    Last edited by lagmefragme; 05-06-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: not completed when originally posted (hit 'post' instead of 'preview' button)
    05-06-2009 01:30 PM
    some ideas:

- what can we do with an iPhone other than what we know already...
    - photo contest: 30 DIFFERENT flicks of the same object (example: a mailbox)
    - Funniest O-face
    - Most useful app that you cant live without
    - Functions that you would love to see on a future iPhone
    05-06-2009 01:33 PM
    Get items together that spell "iPhone" like the first letter of what the item is is the letter

example:

Ice
    Post it note
    Honey
    Onion
    Necktie
    Earphones

notice how each beginning letter spells Iphone

05-06-2009 02:15 PM
    This would be a great mother's day gift for my mom
    05-06-2009 02:30 PM
    Here are some that I came up with. If I think of more I will post them.

write a song about iphone.
    create iphone icon.
    create iphone wallpaper.
    Funniest picture with iphone.
    most creative avitar.
    iphone howto video.
    worst uses for iphone.
    put iphone into famous artwork (Photoshop contest).
    best iphone imposters(non iphones that wish they were).
    creative ways to retire a 3g iphone when the new one comes out.
    05-06-2009 02:35 PM
    Hi my name is jose edwin, i just registered to these forums, the coolest iphone forums, and i have been reading the blog for more than two months now, i read it every day. i have it bookmarked on my igoogle page for easy access when i am at work. i recently got an iphone for my birthday back in march and i found this blog to be the best iphone news blog ever, i keep coming back everyday, sometimes 20 times a day to read something new each time. i have come to love my iphone just by reading reviews, comments, and by mentioning apps here on the blog and on the forums.

Contest Idea: Your best app review, a thorough review of your favorite app that others found it to be useful.
    05-06-2009 02:44 PM
    I think a pretty funny idea for a contest would be for people to take a pic of their iPhone with all accessories on it so we can see who has the most outrageous accessorized iPhone.
    05-06-2009 02:52 PM
    what about the most unconventional use of your phone. not just and ipod, phone or sms device, but something great. me? I use my metronome and tuner all of the time
    05-06-2009 02:52 PM
    best story of how your iphone got you out of a hairy situation
    05-06-2009 02:55 PM
    Subscribers submit their iPhone's name (assuming people name their iPhone like they name their pets), you guys pick your favorite and maybe even have catagories:

Bestest
    Most Classy
    iPhoniest
    Most Truthy
    etc....
    05-06-2009 02:55 PM
    Here are a few that I came up with

Create an iPhone commercial for the supposed new iPhone. What features would you like for it to have? Show us in your video spoof.

Use a Fart App in a public place (like a family gathering, out at the mall, wherever) and record it. Whoever has the funniest, most creative video wins.

iPhone in everyday life. Photoshop or draw iPhone features on everyday things. Would it be good to have a slide to unlock feature on your car? No way! Anyone can break in! Or how about the double tap feature on your paycheck, makes things bigger. I'd like that! Give everyday things the ability to do what the iPhone does. Will the outcome be good or bad?

Come up with a list of made up apps you think would be rejected from the App Store. *BONUS* Make icons to go with them.
    Last edited by iLoveiPhones; 05-06-2009 at 03:44 PM.
    05-06-2009 03:07 PM
    My idea is for people to write in about their worst car accident while using their iPhone. I don't recommend doing it, but I just can't go more than fifteen minutes without watching Susan Boyle sing her heart out. Just for the record, I haven't been in an iPhone accident (yet.)
    05-06-2009 03:14 PM
    contest idea:

a picture of the "most banged-up but still working" iphone!
    05-06-2009 03:26 PM
    Contest Idea: Funny iPhone video
    05-06-2009 04:33 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD