Hi guys i want to output video from my iphone but my tv doesnt have the yellow, red, white video/audio connections (its a pretty crappy tv). However, the tv is connected via scart to a dvd player which has the connections. Will the composite cable work if i plug it to the dvd player?
    Thx guys i know its a stupid question but i really dont know.
    05-02-2009 07:00 AM
    Why not try it?
    05-02-2009 07:51 AM
    Don't want to spend 30 on the cable to find out it doesnt work.
    05-02-2009 08:31 AM
    No, that will not work. Those cables are for Hi Def viewing and if your TV does not support that, it won't work.
    05-02-2009 10:25 AM
    composite can be used on std. tvs. it depends on the dvd player if youre able to. as long as the composite connections are for inpu and you had std white yellow red output to the tv. but doubtful a dvd player would have that setup unless it can burn dvds...the only reason i could see why it would have composite inputs
    05-02-2009 02:49 PM
    composite can be used on std. tvs. it depends on the dvd player if youre able to. as long as the composite connections are for inpu and you had std white yellow red output to the tv. but doubtful a dvd player would have that setup unless it can burn dvds...the only reason i could see why it would have composite inputs
    ***Ok, I take it back - I read the OP's post wrong. I thought he was looking for a component connection.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 05-02-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    05-02-2009 02:50 PM
    Just make sure the DVD player has component *IN* with path-through to the TV (like most VCRs (look it up, younglins!) did. Don't plug them into component *OUT*
    05-03-2009 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD