Guessing game, what do you think the new iPhone will be called?

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
" iPhone "

What other name will fit ?

- The phone is not going to have 720p.
- The resolution will most likely stay the same because I haven't heard anything about a new display.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
True, but I think 3G "S" has got to be the worst name Apple has given to any device. I liked my iPhone 3G Pro name and like 10 other guesses in this forum more than "S"

I thought that at first, but then thought they probably realized the biggest improvement on the device was speed in general. Pro and all those other names are gonna have to be saved for the new iPhone with OLED screen, LED indicator and 5MP cam w/ xenon flash.

P.S. Yes, that is my wishlist (and BlackBerry Messenger if they can pull this one off) for the 4th gen iPhone. Haha.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I thought that at first, but then thought they probably realized the biggest improvement on the device was speed in general. Pro and all those other names are gonna have to be saved for the new iPhone with OLED screen, LED indicator and 5MP cam w/ xenon flash.

I was thinking by the time the next iPhone came out we would be on 4G, but it looks like that won't really happen until 2011 so you are probably right. Maybe the June 25, 2010 release will be called iPhone 3G Pro. Then in 2011 we will get the iPhone 4G.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I was thinking by the time the next iPhone came out we would be on 4G, but it looks like that won't really happen until 2011 so you are probably right. Maybe the June 25, 2010 release will be called iPhone 3G Pro. Then in 2011 we will get the iPhone 4G.

Lol! Maybe there will be iPhone 4G next year, just not on AT&T. That would be embarrassing IMO.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Lol! Maybe there will be iPhone 4G next year, just not on AT&T. That would be embarrassing IMO.

Yeah, I don't think Apple would do that, but pretty sad that at&t is holding Apple and the rest of the world back from the next gen technology. I think at&t was just trying to stretch their investment in 3G as long as they could and now with the iPhone sales and new customers rushing to them they have been caught off guard. Hopefully it just gets better from here...I mean it can't get worse right? (My bad, I should not have said that :eek: )

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Yeah, I don't think Apple would do that, but pretty sad that at&t is holding Apple and the rest of the world back from the next gen technology. I think at&t was just trying to stretch their investment in 3G as long as they could and now with the iPhone sales and new customers rushing to them they have been caught off guard. Hopefully it just gets better from here...I mean it can't get worse right? (My bad, I should not have said that :eek: )

I don't really think AT&T is holding anybody back when it comes to 4G technology. Verizon is going to use the same LTE technology AT&T is going to use and they're no closer to release than AT&T.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I don't really think AT&T is holding anybody back when it comes to 4G technology. Verizon is going to use the same LTE technology AT&T is going to use and they're no closer to release than AT&T.

True, but what about the rest of the world? I guess I just assume they are ahead of us, but don't really have any facts :confused:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
True, but what about the rest of the world? I guess I just assume they are ahead of us, but don't really have any facts :confused:

I agree with you about AT&T stretching their investment in 3G,but I believe all telco's are trying to do the same thing.

From what I understand 4G is going to be really expensive to deploy,so I think telco's are trying to recoup from the upgrades to 3G before moving on. Technology is just advancing faster than the company's are willing to invest in.Of course,this is all speculation on my part.

I have read about 4G testing in some countries,but I don't think it is widely deployed anywhere yet. I'm actually surprised Wimax(4G) is deploying here already. A guy from Clear came into my job yesterday offering service on their Wimax network. It seemed like a pretty good deal as long as the coverage is there. You max out at 6mbps for $40 a month unlimited.It's only available in Atlanta,Portland and Las Vegas at the moment.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
My g/f is in Atlanta right now for work. I'll be tagging along next time she works there in August. I'll have to see if I can check that out.

They have it for home service,but you don't connect to a phone line or anything so you can take the modem wherever you go(from work to home),and they have a USB for laptop,but there's a data cap on it. Also the USB doesn't work on Mac's yet,so I'm out of luck for that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR