I am using the 3.0 beta 4 and I notice that when I try to log on to AT&T wifi in Starbucks, they don't seem to be recognizing that I have an IPHONE. Instead of prompting me for my phone number, I see the standard logon screen asking me to PAY for the service.

Also, when I call 611, I am no longer prompted for "help with my Iphone." It's as if AT&T does not realized that I am using an Iphone.

Could this be related to the beta? Ideas? Anybody else???
    04-30-2009 08:18 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is an issue related to running the beta firmware. AT&T may just not recognize it as being an iPhone.

I'm not sure if this will work but you may want to use the Easy Wi-Fi App (iTunes Link). It's a $0.99 app that can auto-login for you at AT&T hotspots. Another bonus is you don't have to use their SMS links either. I use it all the time to login. I'm not positive it will solve your problem, but for $0.99 it may be worth a shot.
    05-01-2009 06:26 PM
    You know what, now that I think about it I think I failed to connect at starbucks the last time I tried. I just didn't think about it until reading this.

Also, I used the easy wifi app. I'll have to try again tomorrow and see what happens.
    05-01-2009 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD