If the new iPhone announcment was released in the WWDC. When would Apple actually release the new iPhone? I'm new to Mac and I hear there is kind of a "cycle" that goes on.
    04-30-2009 10:36 AM
    Well if you go by last year alone it would be a month or so before the device would be released.
    04-30-2009 10:42 AM
    Whenever they want
    04-30-2009 11:59 AM
    Whenever they want
    Well put.....
    04-30-2009 01:16 PM
    The original iPhone was released June 29, 2007
    The iPhone 3G was released July 11, 2008

So, the "cycle" varies, indeed.
    04-30-2009 02:39 PM
    There really isn't enough data to define a cycle more precisely than "summer".
    04-30-2009 05:44 PM
    When was the last keynote where they announce the iPhone 3G? If I recall wasn't it very end of May to beginning of June?

It was weird w/ the first iPhone because they actually announced it in January at MacWorld, but then, it was a BIG announcement, now it's just refreshes.

I'd say probably a month or two, but as llofte said, there really isn't much to go off yet.
    05-01-2009 02:16 AM
    When was the last keynote where they announce the iPhone 3G? If I recall wasn't it very end of May to beginning of June?
    Beginning of June at WWDC.
    05-01-2009 02:25 AM
    Beginning of June at WWDC.
    Hmmm so about the same time-frame so far that was used last year.

My best guess would be a new iPhone would be released beginning to mid July then. Just a guess though.......
    05-01-2009 02:27 AM
    if a new iPhone does get confirmed during WWDC ill give it about another month or two till we see it hit the streets
    05-01-2009 02:49 AM
    Original iPhone - First shown at Macworld in Jan, release date revealed at WWDC in late May '07 to be June 29.

iPhone 3G - Announced at WWDC and release date announced early June '08 to be July 11.

It will probably be 3-4 weeks before a new iPhone goes on sale. Apple has to submit the device to the FCC to be approved, if they already had the internets would be blowing up because it's public information. Apple doesn't want the FCC to steal their thunder.
    05-01-2009 08:07 AM
    Original iPhone - First shown at Macworld in Jan, release date revealed at WWDC in late May '07 to be June 29.

iPhone 3G - Announced at WWDC and release date announced early June '08 to be July 11.

It will probably be 3-4 weeks before a new iPhone goes on sale. Apple has to submit the device to the FCC to be approved, if they already had the internets would be blowing up because it's public information. Apple doesn't want the FCC to steal their thunder.
    i never thought of it that way. but it makes complete sense because of apple keeping everything completly secret.
    05-04-2009 06:03 PM
    Either way, when it's announced, there won't be a guessing game as they will more than likely let us know the release date.
    05-05-2009 04:34 AM
    I'm curious to see how it will look, I had a really strange lucid dream last night where I got to see the new iphone, it was being displayed inside a church in my neighborhood.

The good news is that it did have a better screen, I remember it being larger and I think HD like resolution. The weird part was that instead of having the ability to run apps in the background, it would actually flip open 3-4 times (like an accordian) to reveal a total of 5 different screens, each one being a little smaller and less hi-def than the main screen. And on each of the 4 additional screens it would be running apps in the background, so they'd all be running at the same. And the coolest part about it was that it could unfold and turn into a pair of virtual reality glasses, I assume to play games and stuff like that on.

The only drawback???? It wouldn't fit in my pocket..:o
    Last edited by redbeard; 05-05-2009 at 06:56 AM.
    05-05-2009 06:51 AM
    If a new iPhone is announced(I'm pretty sure at least 1 will be) it'll be available no later than July. It wouldn't be smart for Apple to give the Pre too much time to steal the spotlight.
    05-06-2009 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD