iPhone just dropped bady. Can I do anything about it?

ShearDude

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone just dropped and the screen is just about shattered. Everything still works fine but the screen has so many cracks going through it and there are many dents in the hardware. I know my warranty is up and I don't want to buy a new iPhone because I would have to renew contract immediately and my contract expires in 3 months and a new iPhone is rumored to release. If I bring it to an Apple Store or AT&T store, can they help me fix my problem? I am willing to pay at least $100 for fixing because I use it so much.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You could do a few things - fix it yourself, you can find parts on the internet - Or pay Apple to fix it. Will cost you $300 if I am not mistaken.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I know cnn.cn has parts for the iphone but you can check them to see if they sell the screen. I would check for you but on my work pc and I get blocked from using cnn.cn. They have tutorial videos on how to take the device apart as well.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I have a badly cracked screen as well. When I went to the apple store they offered a swap for $199 (I have an 8gb, I would assume it would be $299 for a 16). I decided to deal since my phone is still fully functional and I am also waiting for a new iphone release instead.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I have a badly cracked screen as well. When I went to the apple store they offered a swap for $199 (I have an 8gb, I would assume it would be $299 for a 16). I decided to deal since my phone is still fully functional and I am also waiting for a new iphone release instead.

Sorry to hear what happened. Logically, I would hold on to it too.
A new one might be coming out. Your making a good choice here.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear what happened. Logically, I would hold on to it too.
A new one might be coming out. Your making a good choice here.

Yeah, it really bothers me very little, and even if I did replace it I know I would be buying a new version iPhone as soon as it comes out, so it would be a waste of money to buy a new 3G at this point in time. Just have to wait it out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR