Iphone question

sensitown

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
So i bought an iphone 3g used off of craiglist and everything appears to be working correctly. The day before i bought it, i called my service provider (at&t) and asked them to enable internet for my current phone (samsung eternity) they said it would be 10 dollars a month. enabled it, then the next day got my iphone. iphone seems to be working very well with internet, i have one question though. at&t couldnt be able to charge me extra for the iphone could they? they dont know i have one, so im guessing it will remain at 10 dollars a month instead of 30..

and texting works pretty well with my current data plan, so there will be no changes in my payments?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
AT&T DOES know that you have one, even if you don't tell them. They get the information from you sim card. More than likely AT&T has already changed your data plan to the $30 iPhone plan. If not, they will soon.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
So i bought an iphone 3g used off of craiglist and everything appears to be working correctly. The day before i bought it, i called my service provider (at&t) and asked them to enable internet for my current phone (samsung eternity) they said it would be 10 dollars a month. enabled it, then the next day got my iphone. iphone seems to be working very well with internet, i have one question though. at&t couldnt be able to charge me extra for the iphone could they? they dont know i have one, so im guessing it will remain at 10 dollars a month instead of 30..

and texting works pretty well with my current data plan, so there will be no changes in my payments?

Wow! It might have worked.... but I doubt it. AT&T is serious about their money. They probably will find out. They're like the Mafia. Or Mickey Mouse. He'll charge you 3 bucks for a soda. Even though you can buy a 2 liter for cheaper and bring it to the park. But you'll get in trouble for bringing it in. It's outrageous. But they just don't give a damn. They want their cash. :p

sensitown

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
They can and will change your data plan to match your phone.

then how do people get iphones to work with t-mobile and verizon.. i asked someone and they said they got an unlocked phone, pay their normal data plan, and nothing happens.. btw my iphone was unlocked as well.. not that it matters

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
then how do people get iphones to work with t-mobile and verizon.. i asked someone and they said they got an unlocked phone, pay their normal data plan, and nothing happens.. btw my iphone was unlocked as well.. not that it matters

If you are using an AT&T SIM, then they can track it. If it is unlocked and using T-Mobile, then AT&T can not track them as they are not using the AT&T network.

Also, the iPhone does not work with Verizon. :)

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Why is AT&T the criminal?
They offer a product and a service, just like the other Co's. If you dont like them dont use them.
I happen to have switched from brand "V" and have been quite pleased. It is after all NOT AT&T's fault that brand "V" turned down the chance to have the iphone.

Just my 2 cents

daaronrich

May 5, 2009
Visit site
AT&T is not all bad. I chose to jailbreak my iPhone, but did not unlock it.

$30 dollars for a data plan is not bad. I have downloaded over 2.5 gigs of data in the last month. Plus, the 3G coverage in my area is awesome.

Beloved

May 17, 2009
Visit site
If I am not mistaken, they find out you have an iPhone when you sync with iTunes the first time. I have an unlocked on another service and did the iTunes all the time. When I switched, the first time I did iTunes, I had to actavate the iPhone to use the internet.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
If you do not change you texting plan to the iPhone texting you will not get the viewmymessage link to view photos. Not the family unlimited iPhone texting plan

YoungKevin

May 7, 2009
Visit site
U can go online and pull up ur account and it will show what phone ur using. If it shows the iPhone change it. When I broke my iPhone and I used an unlocked G1 it showed that I was using it so I changed it back to my iphone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR