3G Problems

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Upon enabling 3G service on the iPhone 3G, the phone drops to "Searching..." and subsequently "No Service." It makes no attempt to drop down to EDGE or standard cell networks. When 3G is disabled, I receive basic phone coverage without internet. This problem has persisted for over a week now, and I have tested the phone in a very signal-rich environment.

I have reset the phone, reset all settings on the phone, and restored the software all to no avail. I had my SIM card replaced which did not solve the problem. When I placed my SIM card into another iPhone, the other iPhone received 3G service perfectly.

I just want to know if anyone else has ideas for solutions before I make the hour drive to the nearest Apple store for my third iPhone. This problem only appeared within the past 2 weeks. I'm thinking the 3G radio on the phone has become the issue. And yes, I am running 2.2.1 software without any sort of jailbreaking.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I had this issue running the 3.0 baseband with the 2.2.1 firmware. Went away after I went back to 3.0. If you've never been on 3.0 I don't know what to tell you. Stop by an Apple store if possible.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner