3 biggest drawback of iPhone

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Hmm... It's really hard.

Battery? Always near a charger (home, car & work)

1- Maybe background processes: only for turn by turn gps. everything else can be pushed.

2- Speakerphone: In my house, the fan can't be on. In the car, can't be doing more than 80 (there I can never use the speakerphone :)).

3- User created sounds/ringtones for Mail & SMS.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Hmm... It's really hard.

1- Maybe background processes: only for turn by turn gps. everything else can be pushed.

2- Speakerphone: In my house, the fan can't be on. In the car, can't be doing more than 80 (there I can never use the speakerphone :)).

Ooh, that last one is a good one. Yeah I wish I could make the mail and SMS personalized. You can if you jailbreak, but I don't jailbreak by choice. Not worth having a laggy phone. :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have to edit mine and go with better ringer profiles and more customization for different ringers. The ringer profiles are what I miss from my old Moto phones of yesteryear.

stclark81

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
1. Battery
2. Weak vibration (I sometimes miss calls because I can't feel it in my pocket).
3. Can't run apps in the background (in my case, Pandora or MLB At Bat).

sonola777

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone has some glaring weaknesses that could easily be fixed by apple.

1. Notifications

With the introduction of the PNS its gonna be an absolute nightmare having to deal with a million pop ups from twitter, RSS feeds IM's etc. A solution would be to look at the way the G1 and Pre handle notifications and follow that route.

2. Battery Life

The iPhone has easily one of the worst batteries I've ever used! I constantly have to carry my charger with just in case I run out of juice. Better battery life please!

3. Camera/Video Recording

This is one of the most obvious weaknesses of the iPhone, how apple managed to mess this one up, I'll never know?! The next iPhone needs at least a 3.2 mpx camera (5 in my dreams) and video recording with better control over the preferences and quality of the image your about to take.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
2. Battery Life

The iPhone has easily one of the worst batteries I've ever used! I constantly have to carry my charger with just in case I run out of juice. Better battery life please!

Compared to what? I know my phone loses juice quick, but it's b/c I used it for 10x as much stuff as I did on my regular "dumb" phone.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
1. High-gloss finish (have to wipe it 6-8 times a day).
2. Calendar needs much more attention.
3. Not enough control over individual sounds and volumes.

At least I can charge my phone often if I really have to, but I can't do anything about these things right now.

rpungin

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
1. Battery
2. No accessible file system (to transfer files via USB without having to use iTunes and be able to open them on the phone)
3. No background application support (I just need it for audio applications to be able to stream and play the audio in the background).

Stephman

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
1. Battery
2. I want custom sounds for Calendar alerts. That one little beep just doesn't cut it.
3. Customizable home/standby screen to show weather, email, sms, etc.

gludington

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
1) Erratic cel performance, including dropped calls and sometimes terrible voice quality. Most of this is likely AT&T's coverage in my area, but I often have situations where I have "No Service" or less than one bar, and rebooting the phone gives me 4 bars, which suggests something strange with the phone itself as well.

2) Background processes w/o jailbreaking.

3) Lack of some more "basic" phone features, such as voice dialing.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Thought about this for a while. I am extremely happy with my iPhone, but there can always be improvement.

1. Battery. I find the battery will last me through the work day. But if I go out on a friday after work, it will die by midnight if I dont charge it. Not a huge problem since I always leave 3g on, wifi on, and 6 email addresses polling every 15 minutes. I could change my settings and get more out of it. I would like to see use of li-po batteries. They are small and very powerful. Downside is, they explode if not charged correctly. But maybe in the near future they can fix that.

2. Minor Multi-tasking. I dont care about a ton of apps running in the background. I do, however, wish some things could run simultaneously. For example, if i am in an app and i get a text, i have to close the app to reply, then go back to my app. I would like the option to reply to the text without interrupting my current status in the app.

3. Indicators. Either a status light, or a lock screen that shows me more info. I would like to glance at the device and know if I have any messages.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
1) Erratic cel performance, including dropped calls and sometimes terrible voice quality. Most of this is likely AT&T's coverage in my area, but I often have situations where I have "No Service" or less than one bar, and rebooting the phone gives me 4 bars, which suggests something strange with the phone itself as well.

I would have at&t or apple look in to this. You may need a new device.

dlnmorrow

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Hmm... It's really hard.

I'd have to agree w/ Duvi on this one.

gludington

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
I would have at&t or apple look in to this. You may need a new device.
I have tried, but, unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce the problem in-store, which limits their ability (willingness?) to take my problem on faith. It seems to occur in fringe coverage areas, and my house apparently is in one, though AT&T's coverage 3G map is solid for 30 miles in all directions.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
1. Notifications

With the introduction of the PNS its gonna be an absolute nightmare having to deal with a million pop ups from twitter, RSS feeds IM's etc. A solution would be to look at the way the G1 and Pre handle notifications and follow that route.

Lmao. You're already adding this to the biggest drawback list before it's even released? Nothing is official yet. We don't KNOW what notifications are going to be like. Apple just may have a plan that has not been publicized yet.

cattsquared

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
1. Battery Life

I do wish the battery life were a bit better but overall its not bad considering the use that my phone gets daily.

2. Notification / Indicators

Former (personal) and current (work) Blackberry user and I have to admit, I still like the little blinking light to tell me that I've missed a call/have email/etc.

3. Video Recording / Camera Quality

Its a tossup for both of these. This is a cell phone and I have to remind myself of that but I liked having the zoom that I had on other phones. As for video. It would be nice but not a deal breaker in getting the phone.

Overall, I still love the phone and find myself carrying it as much as I did my Blackberry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox