3 biggest drawback of iPhone

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I will leave out everything that will be fixed by this summers update. For me that basically takes care of my biggest problems.

1) Battery
2) Quiet speakerphone
3) Battery :)

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
To echo what others have said, 3.0 will fix what's been missing (voice TBT GPS, copy/paste, etc) but the one Achilles heel continues to be battery life. The iPhones "kryptonite.". I haven't heard any rumors/news yet for fixing it, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Last edited:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
1. Battery (I use the phone too much...which is why I just ordered a battery case)
2. Lack of Exchange Tasks support
3. Configurable reminder settings (snooze, vibrate, etc).

lagmefragme

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
1) Battery
2) Lack of an nice/customizable home screen/lock screen to summarize weather/news/calendar/tasks (without having to jailbreak)
3) Lack of Exchange Task support

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
A lot of people here have mentioned battery. While I do agree this would be nice, the iPhone is actually one of the better 3G phones as far as battery life so I don't think it's a drawback until there is something better to replace it.

I remember reading something about Apple buying a battery company or something like that. I have a feeling the 3rd gen iPhone will have a better battery.

For me the only thing lacking that hopefully we will see in 3.0 or 3.0/3rdGen is background tasks. "Push" is great for some apps, even better than running in the background, but some things need to actually run in the background to be useful.

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
1-Battery
2-Its the only phone i have that is awful on at&t network i wonder why?
3- multitasking why can't it its annoying having to jailbreak it to use backgrounder so i can stream xm radio and use tweetie wtf apple this is a consumer phone!!!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Hm, 3.0 fixes my biggest pet peeves. They previously would have been:

1) copy/paste
2) Text issues (deleting single texts, forwarding texts - does 3.0 allow you to forward texts?), and obviously MMS
3) Push notifications

I was never really too concerned about Push e-mail, yes it would be nice, but I can live w/ out it. I more want notifications for my IM and apps like Tweetie, so that'll be nice.

My new ones would probably be:

1) video not supported on iPhone 3G with 3.0?
2) I guess battery? i never really have an issue w/ the battery, i have a car charger and I charge my phone every night. I don't really understand why people complain about having to charge it every night. I don't think it's that hard to just plug in a phone. If you're out of town, fine, buy a car charger.

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
1. Like others have said: Battery
2. Background Tasks.
3. Wish it had a badge or something to let users know if there is a calendar event on a certain day. For example, if today is the 3rd of the month and I put a reminder in the calendar for the 4th of the month, the calendar app shows up how it is now. When the 4th comes, there should be a badge to let us know there is something on the calendar for today.

Other than those, OS 3.0 will be really good for us come summer.

Apr 20, 2009
twitter.com
I haven't had mine for long, but the 3 big drawbacks I saw immediately were

1. No MMS... just the idea that this isn't possible baffles me, but I am assuming there is a very good reason?
2. No video recording... this also seems like a no brainer nowadays.
3. Battery... I have to say it does last a fair amount considering how much I use it, but charging it every night is already getting old and I am only on week 3.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods