2. Battery Life

The iPhone has easily one of the worst batteries I've ever used! I constantly have to carry my charger with just in case I run out of juice. Better battery life please!
    Compared to what? I know my phone loses juice quick, but it's b/c I used it for 10x as much stuff as I did on my regular "dumb" phone.
    04-22-2009 09:46 AM
    1. High-gloss finish (have to wipe it 6-8 times a day).
    2. Calendar needs much more attention.
    3. Not enough control over individual sounds and volumes.

At least I can charge my phone often if I really have to, but I can't do anything about these things right now.
    04-22-2009 10:02 AM
    1. Battery
    2. No accessible file system (to transfer files via USB without having to use iTunes and be able to open them on the phone)
    3. No background application support (I just need it for audio applications to be able to stream and play the audio in the background).
    04-22-2009 10:11 AM
    1. Battery - even on 2G it's not enough with Exchange e-mail
    2. Background tasks
    3. Multitasking
    04-22-2009 10:21 AM
    1. Battery - even on 2G it's not enough with Exchange e-mail
    2. Background tasks
    3. Multitasking
    Isn't 2 and 3 the same thing?
    04-22-2009 11:00 AM
    1. Battery
    2. I want custom sounds for Calendar alerts. That one little beep just doesn't cut it.
    3. Customizable home/standby screen to show weather, email, sms, etc.
    04-22-2009 11:15 AM
    1) Erratic cel performance, including dropped calls and sometimes terrible voice quality. Most of this is likely AT&T's coverage in my area, but I often have situations where I have "No Service" or less than one bar, and rebooting the phone gives me 4 bars, which suggests something strange with the phone itself as well.

2) Background processes w/o jailbreaking.

3) Lack of some more "basic" phone features, such as voice dialing.
    04-22-2009 01:03 PM
    Thought about this for a while. I am extremely happy with my iPhone, but there can always be improvement.

1. Battery. I find the battery will last me through the work day. But if I go out on a friday after work, it will die by midnight if I dont charge it. Not a huge problem since I always leave 3g on, wifi on, and 6 email addresses polling every 15 minutes. I could change my settings and get more out of it. I would like to see use of li-po batteries. They are small and very powerful. Downside is, they explode if not charged correctly. But maybe in the near future they can fix that.

2. Minor Multi-tasking. I dont care about a ton of apps running in the background. I do, however, wish some things could run simultaneously. For example, if i am in an app and i get a text, i have to close the app to reply, then go back to my app. I would like the option to reply to the text without interrupting my current status in the app.

3. Indicators. Either a status light, or a lock screen that shows me more info. I would like to glance at the device and know if I have any messages.
    04-22-2009 02:31 PM
    1) Erratic cel performance, including dropped calls and sometimes terrible voice quality. Most of this is likely AT&T's coverage in my area, but I often have situations where I have "No Service" or less than one bar, and rebooting the phone gives me 4 bars, which suggests something strange with the phone itself as well.
    I would have at&t or apple look in to this. You may need a new device.
    04-22-2009 02:32 PM
    Hmm... It's really hard.

Battery? Always near a charger (home, car & work)

1- Maybe background processes: only for turn by turn gps. everything else can be pushed.

2- Speakerphone: In my house, the fan can't be on. In the car, can't be doing more than 80 (there I can never use the speakerphone ).

3- User created sounds/ringtones for Mail & SMS.
    I'd have to agree w/ Duvi on this one.
    04-22-2009 04:26 PM
    I would have at&t or apple look in to this. You may need a new device.
    I have tried, but, unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce the problem in-store, which limits their ability (willingness?) to take my problem on faith. It seems to occur in fringe coverage areas, and my house apparently is in one, though AT&T's coverage 3G map is solid for 30 miles in all directions.
    04-22-2009 06:05 PM
    1. At&t
    2. At&t
    3. At&t
    04-22-2009 06:09 PM
    No possibility of external keyboard.
    No Documents to Go, yet
    No affordable Bible study apps
    04-22-2009 08:31 PM
    1. Notifications

With the introduction of the PNS its gonna be an absolute nightmare having to deal with a million pop ups from twitter, RSS feeds IM's etc. A solution would be to look at the way the G1 and Pre handle notifications and follow that route.
    Lmao. You're already adding this to the biggest drawback list before it's even released? Nothing is official yet. We don't KNOW what notifications are going to be like. Apple just may have a plan that has not been publicized yet.
    04-22-2009 09:52 PM
    1. Battery Life

I do wish the battery life were a bit better but overall its not bad considering the use that my phone gets daily.

2. Notification / Indicators

Former (personal) and current (work) Blackberry user and I have to admit, I still like the little blinking light to tell me that I've missed a call/have email/etc.

3. Video Recording / Camera Quality

Its a tossup for both of these. This is a cell phone and I have to remind myself of that but I liked having the zoom that I had on other phones. As for video. It would be nice but not a deal breaker in getting the phone.

Overall, I still love the phone and find myself carrying it as much as I did my Blackberry.
    04-25-2009 04:27 PM
    Why is charging overnight while you sleep a problem? I had to charge my old SLVR (not a 3G phone) every night.
    I didn't say it was a problem, just tiresome. I use it as an iPod when I go to sleep and occasionally as an alarm clock so if I don't plug it in or have the dock for overnight then using it the next day is out of the question unless I can tether it to a computer for a few hours.

Like I said, still lasts a good while considering how much I use it. I really have little to complain about on this little machine and more on individual apps.
    04-26-2009 05:48 AM
    1. Multi tasking. Clicking a link on email and then having to close the web and reopen mail to finish reading email.
    2. Adjustable vibrate intensity.
    3. Notifications - something similar to BB would be great.

Over all I love my iPhone
    04-26-2009 06:29 PM
    For me it is NO PUSH! I am a weater freak due to my fear of bad storms. The kids make fun of me when a dark cloud comes up and I am sitting in the strom shelter!
    I also hate the battery life. I keep the screen light down as far as I can and tote one of those battery chargers. No multitasking.
    05-17-2009 01:24 AM
    My #1 used to be the battery but I've been running 3.0 for awhile and the battery issue is majorly improved. I can keep my screen on 50% brightness and the battery still lasts at least a day even with moderate to heavy usage.

Second issue was notfications but once again 3.0 will be taking care of that.

My only issues now are no zoom on the camera(although the pics are still great) and no type of BlackBerry Messenger. I'd really like to see iChat become Apple's BBM.
    05-17-2009 01:39 AM
    Thought about this for a while. I am extremely happy with my iPhone, but there can always be improvement.

1. Battery. I find the battery will last me through the work day. But if I go out on a friday after work, it will die by midnight if I dont charge it. Not a huge problem since I always leave 3g on, wifi on, and 6 email addresses polling every 15 minutes. I could change my settings and get more out of it. I would like to see use of li-po batteries. They are small and very powerful. Downside is, they explode if not charged correctly. But maybe in the near future they can fix that.
    They do use Li-Po batteries already. All iPods and iPhones have them. Even most of my older cell phones had them.
    05-17-2009 03:35 AM
    1. MMS
    2. Video Record and Camera's Slow Time I take photo
    3.Crashing but getting better
    05-17-2009 08:46 AM
    by bluetooth not being loud enough you mean no stereo bluetooth?.. cuz last time i checked the bluetooths' loudness was primarily dependent on the BT device itself.
    05-17-2009 02:53 PM
    I am just 4 days into having the iPhone. The previous phone I had was a Bold but figured I will try out the iPhone and turn it back in before my trial period expires if a) I don't like it or b) Apple announces a new iPhone.

Three drawbacks:

1) Notifications very inconspicuous (i.e. no indicator light)
    2) No Today screen or customizable screen/themes for that matter
    3) I suppose battery life though it's not that much different the the Bolds'

Oh and I miss being able to run Pandora in the background while doing other things.
    Last edited by T_Apple; 05-17-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added one more
    05-17-2009 05:22 PM
    Speakers
    Call quality
    Not enough customization
    05-18-2009 12:20 AM
    Mine was battery life, then I started using my PC for internet browsing again whereas for the first few months I only used my iPhone because it just was so cool I haven't had any battery issues since then. Now, I would just say no multitasking. Push will help, but it would be amazing to run even a limited number of apps simultaneously.
    05-18-2009 12:15 PM
101 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD