How to attach iphone to a lanyard/strap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnterpriseGlobe

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi guyz :D

Sorry if this is the wrong place but i was wondering if someone could tell me how i can attach my iphone to a layard or hand strap so that i wont drop my iphone?

Many thanks in advance!

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
since there has not yet been an answer I will do my best to help. There is no place to attach a lanyard. was that helpful? :)

the only thing I can suggest if your hellbent on having one is to purchase a case that has one incorporated. If you do find something cool come on back to this thread and share it as I am sure there is someone else that would love to have a solution to this dilema.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I would have to concur that there's no (known) lanyard accessory for the iPhone.
I've seen people attach lanyards to their phones but they were just "regular-sized" cell phones; that'd kill my neck to have the iphone strapped around it all day, but YMMV.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
If I remember the is an lanyard that connects to the dock connector.

Indeed there is. One of the guys here, I think it's Rene, has it.

There are a ton on Ebay.

ipod_lanyard_web.jpg

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I would avoid the above ^^^ just for the simple fact you are begging to crack the plastic around the dock connector. That's just me though.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hmm... yeah, that seems like a lot of stress on the dock connector. No way would I get it. What if you trip and it gets caught on something?... It'll rip right out. No thanks.

jaidnoire

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
You could buy a case and mod it yourself to add a lanyard

(*sigh* I tried to post/link to a picture of my diy solution but apparently I'm too new a member to really help you, sorry! lol)

I have a Switcheasy case...I took a small drill to it and made 2 holes to put a handstrap thru. It's not perfect - I will prolly get another one of the same case down the road and plan out the holes better, but it really works and makes me feel a bit less like I'm going to drop the phone...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Wow those laynard contraptions just scream "Bad Idea!". Probably destroy the the dock connector within a week.

BaldBrain

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
My Solution

I ended up making my own because I couldn't find any out there that I liked.
Silly forum rules prevent me from posting a URL yet. So you'll have to copy/paste: www dot baldbrain.com/projects/iPhoneLanyard/index.php

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
What I did it just get a regular hard shell case and attach the lanyard between the front-side piece and the volume rocker buttons. It worked fine.

goatbreker

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
ipod lanyard strap

i use a Danglet. It doesnt add any bulk or weight and I actually use a NFL lanyard strap that i got as a gift with it. Comes with straps, though.

there is a youtube video of a ipod on a danglet swinging a 40 pound bucket of water off of it.

i can't post a link, so
search YouTube - Danglet Tested For Safety With iPod

stroobs65

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
lost iPhone while skiing

lost my 3GS this past weekend in colorado; it fell out of my pocket at some point; a lanyard would have saved me plenty...can't believe there is not a case that can be attached to a lanyard, will keep looking!

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I've searched for a lanyard case too. Even began another thread like this a long time ago. I was surprised to see a non-techy friend show up with a good solution. She used one of the lanyards that have a thread type end made for a USB drive. Take any hard or silicone case and run the thread through the camera lens hole or punch a new hole. Simple and works. This will be my ski season solution in another 32 weeks or so.

Sophie Scott

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If you look on the bottom of the back of the ipod/iphone, you'll see a little silver circle-y thing. Press down on it and it should pop out. I believe that's where you put the lanyard on c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR