Latest iPhone Rumors - EDGE Only and CDMA for China?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So what do you think of the latest rumors?

First would be the next-generation iPhone previous rumors have pointed to, with beefed up processors and features like the camera.

Second would be a throwback of sorts to the original iPhone, dropping HSPA 3G in favor of EDGE 2.75G to lower costs and smash what little umbrella was left competitors.

Third would be a special version to support a CDMA carrier in China, allowing Apple to penetrate that last, largest of markets. (And with the mere mention of CDMA, cue baseless Verizon rumors in 3? 2? )

I highly doubt the last two...

*And don't get excited about Verizon, not happening, let me tell you why. China uses CDMA phones on the 800 Mhz band only, Verizon uses a 1900 Mhz band.

Last edited:

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I really dont know what to expect on the next iphone. I dont think apple would make a CDMA version, and I can't see them making another EDGE version cause att wants to get every one on a 3G phone of some sort.

Are there any country's that are not on 3G?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I think I (and many others) are going into rumor/speculation overload. I don't see an EDGE only phone happening. AT&T is killing off EDGE in many area, my area happened to be one of them now that we have 3G. My 3G signal is very good, no need for EDGE.

They might make a CDMA phone for China, you never know. That's a huge market and you can be sure Apple is eyeing a way to officially enter that area.

I think I am going am going to burry my head in the sand for the next 2 months and just see what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73