Third Party App Preferences Keep Disappearing

labi

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I was running 2.2 and noticed last week that all my 3rd party app preferences in my settings.app have disappeared.

I thought it was time to upgrade, so I went to 2.2.1 a couple days ago, and just noticed the same exact thing happened.

I had settings for facebook, beejive, google, flixster etc... inside the settings app.

Now its blank where they used to be. My phone is jailbroken, and I always get the updates from cydia that are suggested, but I have no idea where the settings are going or how they are getting cleared.

I haven't been messing around with preferences at all, my only guess is something I installed from cydia changed the settings.

Any ideas?

labi

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I figured out it was Mega (mega4i.com) installer. The program works wonders to install apps, but the moment you install any app, it changes some settings and removes your preferences. I have since restored my phone and not installed Mega.. ill find ipa's elsewhere.

I did testing with the app store facebook app.. when I reinstalled the facebook app, i looked to make sure I had my preferences. It was there. I then went into the mega installer, picked some random app and installed it. I went back to my settings, and sure enough, facebook was gone.

Like I said above, I have restored my phone because im not sure what else mega has done. I will not be reinstalling it again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh