What features would you have added to 3.0 that Apple left out?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, Duvi. I've never needed to add a call so it didn't ever occur to me to press it. :cool:

I'll scratch that one off my list now.

No problem.

Also... thought of a new one! The ability to password protect certain apps on the phone separately: Photos, notes, SMS/MMS, etc. I believe Samsung does this on their regular phones. I like to be able to allow people to use the device without worrying about what section of the phone they're at.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
The ability to customize the lock screen with various types of info (like intelliscreen)... without jailbreaking.
+1
Something similar to SBSettings to quickly enable/disable 3G, wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode and brightness. I'd be happy with an "app" with only these settings.
+1
Even with spotlight, I would still want an easier way to organize apps on the iPhone, like through iTunes.
+1

My addition would be Exchange Tasks support.

locciola17

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
No problem.

Also... thought of a new one! The ability to password protect certain apps on the phone separately: Photos, notes, SMS/MMS, etc. I believe Samsung does this on their regular phones. I like to be able to allow people to use the device without worrying about what section of the phone they're at.

love love love this idea!
this reason alone is why i hate letting people play with my phone!!!!

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
This may seem silly but I'd simply like the 'home screen' to be whatever picture I choose with 4 apps below it, basics such as phone, email, contacts, SMS. Then flip the screen to all other apps.
Not silly at all, I think it's a great idea.

Like to see better exchange support like being able to sync with notes and tasks. Also, maybe add intervals in emails, pulling like 5 mins or 10 mins instead of push and than jump to 15min intervals.

RyanH

May 7, 2009
Visit site
how about a MUCH better camera w/ some zoom functionality & a little faster frame-rate so everything is just a blur. an LED flash would be a GREAT touch hardware-wise for the next version (like the RIM Bold)

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Poole stop complaining about apple not adding backround apps running they will never add it apps running in backround I'll drain iPhone battery life. and we do not no every featre apple is adding so we do not no what features they left out.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No problem.

yea I like this idea to

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
How about being able to free memory on the phone? I thought I heard that as the memory keeps being used, apps run slower and might crash if there isn't enough memory left for them to run. Restarting the phone clears it out but I want to do it while the phone is on. Or maybe have the phone automatically do it for us!

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
It'd be nice to see the ability to categorize apps & free up some screen space/not have to swipe through so many screens. A neat alternative to that would be the ability to label screens with a category name.

xpunksbeendeadx

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
How about a spell check function for texting and emailing. I would even be happy where it was implemented like how firefox does it with just a red line under ever misspelled word. That would be a great help.

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
SBSettings or something similar to that is the only thing that they have left out. I can take or leave video recording. I have Cycorder as a jailbreak app but to be honest I almost never use it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR