Erase/edit previously sent-to e-mail addresses?

bcc5

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I want to erase/delete the e-mail addresses that I have sent, not those in my contacts. I have tried a total "reset" and they are still there. I cannot find any place to edit these. The problem is that the phone retains all sent addresses, good or bad; so I have ended-up with multiple addresses for the same addressee (mostly due to the "haste makes waste" input mode! Otherwise after two months of I-Phone(ing) I am feeling pretty competent.

thanks

bc

bcc5

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I tried that but...

OK...I went to "settings" then "safari" then "clear cache". After doing that the unwanted e-mail addresses would still appear when I would touch the first alpha key in those addresses. Thinking that I may need to perform those "clear cache" steps then shut off the I-Phone and restart I tried that all with no success.

Leaving me to scratch my head!?!?

bcc5

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I had tried that also...

I am making myself crazy!

I cleared history, cache and even cookies...tried it and the haunting addresses are still there. Tried clearing history, cache and cookies again; then shutting off and restarting and voila same d--n addresses!

Could they be trapped on the SIM card? I have purchased a SIM reader and only find Contacts (phone) on there.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If they bother you really really bad, you can restore and set up as a new phone, but you will lose all your stored data. I am not suggesting you do this, but I know how things can really get under your skin. I've restored and set up as a new phone for what I would consider a lesser reason, but it just kept bugging me, I'm a little OCD that way.

bcc5

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Just did a "restore" and...

I just finished doing a "restore" through I-Tunes and the bad e-mail addresses are still there. Apparently they are being stored somewhere in my back-up which I assume could be accessed and edited, but where?

So far I have done the deletes, done a reset and done a restore, all without affecting these nuisance e-mail addresses that pop-up.

Any other suggestions? As you can tell I am possessed about this!!

thanx

bc

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Like I said...set up as a new phone. But you will lose all user stored information, like SMS, app info, you'll have to resync your apps and all that. It's a pain.

bcc5

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
thank you

shuttle:

I did a "restore" where all information is lost through I-Tunes program download. The "restore" says that it is if "your I-Phone is experiencing problems and you wanto to restore it to its original settings".

Then the phone restarts and is automatically sync(ed) to the I-Tunes for the restoration of Apps, Music, Movies, Contacts, etc. I did it all, maybe my dense head is overlooking something.

I really appreciate your replies and I think that I am doing the processes that are suggested.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
When you restore, you have 2 choices (after the phone has restored the firmware) to restore from backup (what you have done) and set up as a new iPhone. Setting up as new will take it back to the day you bought it. You will have to load all your apps back on, any data the apps have saved in them will be lost, it will be just like the first time you turned it on. Whether the trouble to set it back up is worth it to get rid of the mistake email addys, is totally up to you, I am not recommending it, just throwing it out there as an option.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
When starting over, can I use my Outlook contacts and I-Tune stored purchases?

Yes, you don't lose anything but the data stored in the apps, you just have to set it all back up again. The apps you purchased and your outlook contacts can be sync'd back.

bcc5

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
thank you

Setting up as a new phone was the answer. Thanks for your help. It was worth every minute of re-setting my clocks, my weather, my wall paper, my stocks. The annoying e-mail addresses are gone!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2