Decisons Decisions

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I have been toying with the idea of buying a blackberry to use as a once and a while back and forth swap for my iPhone. Not at all because have any problems with my iPhone, just because I would like to have a change of pace every once and a while. Ash, I know you used to go back and forth with your Bold and I think I will be doing pretty much the same thing. Anyone else on here do the iPhone/crackberry flip flop just for fun on a regular basis?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
My life absolutely is run by my iPhone, but I feel that a crackberry would be able to keep up pretty well also. I in no way plan on ditching my iPhone, only adding to my cell phone arsenal.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I have never used a BB of my own before. The Bold is the only one that I really like. I use my iPhone SOOOOO much that I personally can't imagine switching. As much as Apple updates it and as fast as new apps are getting in the App Store, is almost like getting a new device every couple of months.:D

davidlw

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I own and use the Bold and iPhone and like them both. If I got better reception with the iPhone, I would ditch the Bold, not that it is a bad phone, just easier to keep up with one phone. PS someone asked how do we use both the Bold and iPhone, I have a separate line for the Bold.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
How are you switching between the 2 devices? Moving the SIM card back and forth??

Correct. Keeping the BB data plan is the best way to go. You will only lose visual vm. Keeping the iPhone data plan; you will lose BBM & Push.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Duvi for some real insight on the limitations of going back and forth. I'm not a fan of losing visual voicemail, but I guess I could make do. Push isn't important to me since I'm a college kid, not an important executive with people waiting on my email responses. I am however looking forward to using BBM. All my blackberry friends always love BBM and I am excited to join in on that part of the blackberry experience.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
You can get push with Yahoo mail. If you use Gmail, just have your mail forwarded to a Yahoo account and when responding, change it to the Gmail account. :)

Also, I use a BB data plan as I use YouMail rather than the iPhone's visual vm. It's ten times better IMO. You will never miss a call regardless of your device having service or not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2