voicemail privacy?

Niz707

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to set up a password so no one can look at your voicemail if they're using your phone? I have noticed that if I call my voicemail it ask's for a password. So why doesn't it ask if im looking at my voicemails?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I assume you are using your visual voicemail? There is no way to set up a password with visual voicemail. You can call AT&T and ask them to disable it and switch to a normal voicemail in which you can use a password.

Niz707

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, im using visual voicemail. That kind of sucks you cant set one up for visual. Oh well. Thanks for the info though.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not that this is the right answer but you can always lock your device with a passcode if you are that worried about your voicemail. If you think about it is it any different than SMS and email? Should you have to enter your password every time you want to see your email?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Not that this is the right answer but you can always lock your device with a passcode if you are that worried about your voicemail. If you think about it is it any different than SMS and email? Should you have to enter your password every time you want to see your email?

I wouldn't want to have to enter a password every time, but I agree that it should be an option. Sometimes you let someone use your phone and unlock it for them, but maybe you don't want them snooping around other stuff other than non-personal apps. Hell, I'd probably turn on the password feature JUST for when I let someone play with my phone.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I wouldn't want to have to enter a password every time, but I agree that it should be an option. Sometimes you let someone use your phone and unlock it for them, but maybe you don't want them snooping around other stuff other than non-personal apps. Hell, I'd probably turn on the password feature JUST for when I let someone play with my phone.

Nobody that I do not trust is going to be handling my phone. Problem solved. ;)

*And show me one mobile phone that password protects just SMS or email? Does not exist.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen