Text Message Alert tone AFTER message viewed?

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello All. Is anyone else experiencing a problem with their iPhone playing the SMS alert tone AFTER you've already received the alert and viewed the message? This just started on my iPhone a few days ago. I updated to 2.2.1, but that was about a month ago. Any suggestions or fixes would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I've had mine beep a few times, but then I realized I had a voicemail or something else that has the same chime. Apple needs to give us options for different things so I don't get confused.

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
I've rebooted the phone numerous times, but I still get the unnecessary alert tone. I use a third party voicemail service, so I don't think it's that. Maybe I'll back up the phone and do a full restore via iTunes. Will post if that fixes the issue.

bige1919

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
This is happening with mine too. Bought it refurbished with 2.2.1 installed. Not a big deal but kind of annoying. Let us know if you fix it.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I've had mine beep a few times, but then I realized I had a voicemail or something else that has the same chime. Apple needs to give us options for different things so I don't get confused.

You can change it, not to a custom tone, but something different than voicemail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73