So...

iPhone 3.0 due out in Summer..

Snow Leopard OS with built in Exchange due out ...... ? Sometime soon..

Any guesses about what this will mean for iPhone sync / Exchange / Mobile Me ?

(I am hoping for Leopard Mac Mail ToDo (Tasks) sync and a more Blackberry like experience for Mac users..)

Please share your theories!

Thanks
    03-25-2009 06:53 AM
    Snow Leopard should have ActiveSync, like the iPhone, so Exchange will be parallel like MobileMe currently is.

I'm more excited to see CalDAV, CardDAV, and other FOSS/Apple technologies improve as well, in both Snow Leopard and iPhone 3.0

Mail.app to-do sync would be most welcome.

What BlackBerry features are you looking for? BBM is closed system, so no chance for that unless Lazaritis shows up at WWDC and announces BBCOnnect for iPhone!
    03-29-2009 01:20 PM
    I dunno, as a user I just want the full BB style exchange experience..

And gimmi more!!

Fast emails, multi calender sync, invites, contacts, notes, todos...

All for cheap...
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 03-29-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    03-29-2009 05:58 PM
    How-Everrrrr.

I may have a serious conceptual misunderstanding of what exactly exchange is to be within Snow Leopard and how it relates (or doesn't) to my situation - namely, that of a businessman running a business with IMAP email, one laptop and a phone in his pocket...

Presently my Mac / Blackberry 'experience' has been rather "up hill" , fraught with sync issues, no OTA sync, I was hoping Snow Leopard might come to my rescue and carry me on its spotted back back to a sync heaven where apple store angels would feed me peeled grapes, giggle admiringly at my jokes and bring me espresso machiatos and amaretti cookies once in a while...

Any likelihood of that?
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 03-29-2009 at 08:00 PM.
    03-29-2009 07:58 PM
    I am going to toss the Blackberry and get an iPhone

I would just settle for Mail.app to-do sync
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 03-29-2009 at 08:05 PM.
    03-29-2009 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD