New user with a couple of questions

LovemyiPhone

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi I have been reading these forums for a couple months and just got my iPhone and love it.

2 questions:

1) Do I set up my personal email (Outlook) using exchange or is exchange only for corp users?

2) Once my outlook mail syncs for the first time will it bring over any mail that is currently in my inbox and folders or just new mail?

Thanks for your help!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
1) If you have your email on an exchange server thats all that matters

2) Yes, it will grab everything that is within your range in the settings. I think the default is 1 week.

tonybove

Mar 27, 2009
www.tonybove.com
Be sure to check your Fetch setting (Settings>Fetch New Data). Push should be ON to receive email from Exchange automatically. You can turn Push on or off as you wish. Keeping it on uses more battery power, because the iPhone receives the email immediately. When you turn Push off, push accounts fetch the email instead, and you can set the timetable for fetching, or set fetching to manual.

You can also set Push or Fetch settings for individual accounts. Scroll the Fetch New Data screen to the bottom and touch Advanced. Each account in the list shows Push or Fetch, depending on whether the account offers push email or not. Touch the account to change its settings separately.

You can find these and other tips in my iPhone app, "Tony's Tips for iPhone Users Manual" in the App Store (search for "Tony's Tips" and it pops up).

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods