Maximum Number of Address Book or Contacts

stanfda

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I am a die hard BB user and have finally been convinced by the iPhone users in my company that I need to make the switch. I went into the ATT Store yesterday and started the process to buy a 16GB iPhone and everything was going well -- UNTIL...

The salesperson went to synch up my contacts from my BB to the iPhone and came back and said I had too many contacts in my address book. He told me the limit was around 2,000 unique name entries. Problem is I have a very large network and around 5,000 contacts in my address book. This is a deal killer.

I have done some searches on the web and have seen people with 5,000 plus contacts say they have no issues but I can't find any definitive information. I will be connected to an Outlook Enterprise server at my company and be using the push synch from Outlook to the iPhone. Others in my company have this working fine and now I would really like to become a customer.

Does anyone have any advice?

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
I just read in the Apple support forums where someone had 4500 contacts on their 8 gig iPhone and claimed to still have room for games, media etc.

You say you know other people in your company who have it working fine so I'm not sure what the problem is?

Is it simply that AT&T won't transfer them all for you?

macnkat

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
That sounds more like an AT&T salesperson problem. I'm betting on the first sync they will all transfer from Outlook to the iPhone.

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
lol 5000 contacts is no problem never let sales people set up your stuff they know less than you do well most of the time (there are a few good ones)

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
just buy it take it home plug in the little white connector go get a beer and your 5000 contacts should be loaded in no time

Last edited:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
5000 contacts should be no problem whatsoever.

I have learned that sales people are usually not the most reliable people for reference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro