View Poll Results: Will you be using A2DP when 3.0 is public?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, can't wait!

19 45.24%
  • Maybe, not sure yet

15 35.71%
  • Nope

8 19.05%
    Been using the HD now for 1.5 hours (listening to TWiT) and not much battery drain on the iPhone. Not sure if that's some miracle of physics :/
    Yeah, it seems better than I thought with the battery. Still needs some work as it breaks up when I'm outside and have the phone more than a foot away from the headphones.
    04-24-2009 06:04 PM
    Need help!

I cant make my bluetooth earphones play music. The model is Philips SHB6012. It supports lots of bluetooth formats (VI.2, HFP, HSP, A2DP and AVRCP). The weird thing is I managed to pair it up with my iphone and I can use it to make or receive a calls... just not music Apparently those who made it work have an extra icon bottom right of the playing music window that allows to choose what u use to play the music, but i dont have that.. so when i press play the music comes out of the speakers and i cant do anything about it.. Tried rebooting, restoring (couple of times!). Could maybe be the VI.2 bluetooth format that i dont think the working models have...
    Any ideas?
    06-18-2009 02:47 PM
    ehhh, never had a interest to waste more battery.
    That's why I got a Richard Solo as a backup. It's great!
    06-18-2009 03:25 PM
    It's not very good to be honest.

It cuts out a lot, the iPhone can't be too far away from your headphones and can't have too many things covering it (i.e. if you put it in a carrying case in your bag, it flips out when it gets a little more than 2-3ft away).

The iPhone gets somewhat hot after about half an hour of A2DP.

Also the lack of AVRCP is a HUGE fault. This is the profile that allows you to control the songs (next, back buttons) from the headset. I'm betting that's because Apple is going to release their own stereo bluetooth headset with special apple controls over a special profile.. I will vomit if they do that.

On a good note, it doesn't drain my battery at all!
    A2DP takes VERY little battery power on iPhone 3G! Not sure why.
    06-18-2009 03:55 PM
    Yeah, it seems better than I thought with the battery. Still needs some work as it breaks up when I'm outside and have the phone more than a foot away from the headphones.
    Yup.
    My thoughts exactly.
    And lack of AVRCP sucks.
    06-18-2009 03:58 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD