i just fell do the dark side and went from RIM (pearl, curve, storm 9530) with Verizon to iPhone and i gotta say holy ****, i don't know what took me soo long to get this device. Sure it cant multi task like BB does BUT honestly i dont feel a difference and with the new 3.0 update this device will deff give rim and others alike out there a run for there money. I would 156% suggest you get this device.
    04-04-2009 04:02 AM
    Pretty awesome right? Cannot wait for this summer!!
    04-04-2009 09:24 AM
    i'd hoped the iphone would have realtime GPS
    04-05-2009 07:37 PM
    i'd hoped the iphone would have realtime GPS
    G-Maps in the App store works very well. It doesn't have voice, though.
    04-05-2009 08:09 PM
    I too own a Bold and iPhone. I would be using the iPhone for everything if the iPhone had good reception in my area. That being said, I use the Bold for voice and the iPhone for data. If AT&T would ramp up transmission power or if iPhone would get better receivers, I would be using the iPhone for everything. As it stands now, the Bold just receives better in my area but I love the iPhone for everything else. With the upcoming 3.0 iPhone, I cannot wait to get my hands on it.
    Last edited by davidlw; 04-06-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    04-06-2009 02:31 PM
    I owned the first gen iPhone when it came out, then went to an iPhone 3G, then went to a Bold (I'd used a curve in between iPhones and it only lasted about a month or so), then went ahead and traded my Bold recently for another 16GB iPhone 3G.

I'd say that the Bold is definitely a very solid phone, as are most BBs (with the exception of the Storm, which is a joke and verizon's crap attempt to stop losing customers to the iPhone). From what I've read, RIM didn't even want to make a touchscreen berry, verizon came to them. Whether or not that's true, I don't know.

I keep coming back to the iPhone. I think I'm done switching. I've tried BB, s60, WM, and an iPhone, and the iPhone suits ME better. You just really need to figure out what suits you.

When phone I've never tried is Palm and for some reason, never had a desire to.
    04-06-2009 02:59 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD