• Yes

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
At the Apple store...even online, if you aren't eligible for an upgrade with AT&T, Apple will sell you an iPhone for 399 or 499 instead of the subsidized prices of 199 and 299.

$199/$299 are for those that are eligible or had iPhone 2g prior to the iPhone 3g release. Requires a 2yr contract.

$399/$499 are for those that are not eligible for an upgrade and would like to upgrade early. Requires a 2yr contract.

$599/$699 are for those who want the device, but do not want a contract.

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Updated software in June. New hardware i.e. better camera, battery etc in time for Christmas. That gives Apple two bites of the cherry ;)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
17" MacBook Pro style new battery?

AutoScaling for a 480x600 screen would be amazing if Apple could nail it. Allow an iPhone HD without splitting the platform. But if they can't nail it, might just make scaled app UI elements look like @$$ :(

_Dante_

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Why would that give them two bites of the cherry? The software upgrade is supposed to be free or iPhone users and $9.99 for those of us who have a Touch.

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Updated software in June. New hardware i.e. better camera, battery etc in time for Christmas. That gives Apple two bites of the cherry ;)

Wrong. The usual will occur, as your assessment doesn't make Apple any money, as it is free, or near free for iTouch users, which I'm leaning towards getting more and more.

Quick OT: What's the difference between 2.2 and 2.2.1, except that I am (currently) prevented from unlocking it??

Thanks!

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Just because it's free doesn't mean it's not a good sales point - as promoted in Apple's last presentation. :rolleyes:

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Sales point for existing iPhone 3G's? Maybe. Nowhere NEAR a new iteration of the iPhone. You'll agree with me in early-to-mid July. ;)

And the hype will be created in early June. I don't like Apple very much, but I respect anybody who makes $$$.

phineasboggs

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
The only new thing I want is an iPhone that can be used as a phone! It's too quiet. The speakerphone scks. There is no decent car or home speakerphone/handsfree unit that is good.

I love the iPhone as a gadget, but I need a second phone for talking. (back to the old Motorola V330 which I attach to the Moto syn0614A)

I wish there were a way to clone the SIM card so I could carry my iPhone but talk on a different one.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
@phineasboggs The iPhone is much louder than my old SLVR so it's strange to me to hear someone complain about this. I did hear the 1st gen iPhone was quiet, but this has been improved in the 3G (which I have).

You can get any 3rd party headset for the iPhone that you would get for any other phone so not sure how you can say there is not good handsfree units?

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
The only new thing I want is an iPhone that can be used as a phone! It's too quiet. The speakerphone scks. There is no decent car or home speakerphone/handsfree unit that is good.

I love the iPhone as a gadget, but I need a second phone for talking. (back to the old Motorola V330 which I attach to the Moto syn0614A)

I wish there were a way to clone the SIM card so I could carry my iPhone but talk on a different one.

Really? I find mind to be crystal clear super crisp voice quality, and it never has dropped a call yet, which I can't say about my BlackBerry Bold.

And quiet? You might want to check at a local store to see if it's your particular unit?

One thing the iPhone is no match for the BlackBerry is its Bluetooth integration. But when all other BT connections are turned off, it works just fine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner