Votes: 141 91.0%
  • No...

Votes: 14 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
There are several killer features for me.
(1) Copy/Paste- I rarely use it, but when you need it, you need it.
(2) Landscape app support
(3) Search, esp. the continue search on server email support that works in Gmail and Exchange 2007- that's huge for me.
(4) Subscription calendars

and hey, I might finally get myself some BT headphones.

skaramanga

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
iPhone 3.0 is a good update

For those who are complaining that 3.0 does not have all the features they want, not a major upgrade etc. I think Apple are doing a good job at getting these updates out, think about the features the original iPhone didn't have and all the changes from then till now. Don't forget that even the first iPhone can be updated all the way to 3.0 for free (even though some features are missing).

Before the iPhone I had a WinMo phone which had plenty of features, but a lot of the time it was buggy and everything didn't work that well. With Apple you can be sure that all features that they include will work perfectly and really elegantly. You couldn't even get official updates for WinMo, unless you got cooked (unofficial) ROMs. You were just expected to put up with the same OS and bugs for the whole time you had the phone.

I think 3.0 is good and I can wait for updates because I know they will be implemented right.
Looking forward to official 3.0 and push notifications!:)

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I have a question to those of you who upgraded to OS 3.0 already. Can you assign to different sounds (other than default OS sounds) to New Text Message, New Mail or Voicemail? My old Razr could assign any sound to those functions. thanks.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. On 3.0 you are still stuck with that lame choice of barely audible sounds for text messages and voicemail. Let's not even mention the non existent calendar alert.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
ugh

Unfortunately, no. On 3.0 you are still stuck with that lame choice of barely audible sounds for text messages and voicemail. Let's not even mention the non existent calendar alert.

Ok that's annoying. As much as I love my iphone 3g, I really do love it.

I am still AMAZED at what my old 2 year old Motorola Razr v3 could do that the iphone 3g STILL can't do.

Captain Chunk#IM

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Look folks... as I said... to each his own and your mileage may vary. For me, I'm just not that impressed and probably could have stayed with 2.2.1. Here's my reasoning....yours of course will be different:

Landscape keyboard - don't really care. not a deal breaker for me.
MMS - don't care. don't use it. sending email is fine for me.
Spotlight search - I can take it or leave it. Probably won't use it.
Voice memos - don't care. won't use it.
Buy movies etc... don't care. won't use it.
Tethering - a welcome addition, but will not pay wireless provider extra for it.
Stereo bluetooth - Won't use it.
Syncing of Exchange tasks and Notes - still missing
Unified Inbox - still missing

Cut/Copy/Paste - nice to have. A welcome addition

Harleyman

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
If I get mms capability and copy and paste I'll be happy for now.. I would also like to be able to do a forward of text like on most other phones though.. But overall I am pleased...

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
not really to thrilled, the only things i was interested in were video recording and some form of multitasking/background processes. i don't even have a txt plan so don't care about mms, i realize its important to a lot of people though, I am just not one of them. what i would like to know though, they say "100 new features" OK how are we supposed to use/check out/take advantage of these features if we are not allowed to know what thy are ! does that make any sense ?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Let's not even mention the non existent calendar alert.

Alli, isn't this already on the 3G? I mean it is weak with only one alert sound/vibrate, but it is there. I use it a good bit.

I would also like to be able to do a forward of text like on most other phones though

If I am not mistaken this will be a part of 3.0. It was not mentioned in the latest keynote,, but it was mentioned in the previous announcement of 3.0. I don't think I dreamed that?:confused::p

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
thanks, just kind of annoyed me. saying 100 new features, but i can find barely any mention of any of them on there website. but apple has always sucked when it comes to that kind of thing i guess. i see on there site about the ability to sync notes, but it says absolutely nothing other then that..

Apple tends to be very secretive at times and regarding the 3.0 software is one of those times. :) So I understand your pain.

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Apple tends to be very secretive at times and regarding the 3.0 software is one of those times. :) So I understand your pain.

the syncing of notes is one thing that might interest me about 3.0, i have wanted a way to add notes to the phone without having to type them all in manually. i guess i will just have to wait and see...

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I am actually happy with what 3.0 will bring...

My one biggest question is why can apple have the slide to unlock screen show more information?? Any can we pick different tones for text messages, e-mail, and reminders??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods