View Poll Results: Happy with iPhone 3.0 features?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...

142 91.03%
  • No...

14 8.97%
    Grabbed the GM of OS 3.0 earlier today and installed it about an hour ago, and I have to say I'm not really impressed. Granted your experience may be different, but with how I use my iPhone I don't see 3.0 being that great.

Again, your mileage may vary. To each his own. Just FYI..
    06-09-2009 11:03 PM
    I respectfully disagree. I downloaded the GM and installed it a few hours ago. The landscape keyboard is so worth it. I text a lot so its important. It seems to run faster than 2.2.1 on my 3G. I love it and it was worth the wait.
    06-09-2009 11:09 PM
    its deff worth it when u get ur mms working like i did cause thats what i missed the most
    06-09-2009 11:13 PM
    Grabbed the GM of OS 3.0 earlier today and installed it about an hour ago, and I have to say I'm not really impressed. Granted your experience may be different, but with how I use my iPhone I don't see 3.0 being that great.

Again, your mileage may vary. To each his own. Just FYI..
    Its not as big of a improvement as people are making it out to be. How do you use you iphone?

can u jailbreak 3.0 gm?
    06-09-2009 11:18 PM
    I gotta say, I am loving the copy/paste. Much, much easier than it ever was on any of the BlackBerry devices I have owned.
    06-09-2009 11:21 PM
    3.0 is more important than the iPhone 3G S, you are just wrong. Period.
    06-09-2009 11:21 PM
    I think the device will compliment the software well.

You can't video record
    Use the compass
    Etc

On your 3G
    06-09-2009 11:58 PM
    Its not as big of a improvement as people are making it out to be. How do you use you iphone?

can u jailbreak 3.0 gm?
    Seriously? This update is huge.

And no you should not use any QuickPWN or PWNage tool on 3.0 yet. This is per the Dev-Team.
    06-09-2009 11:59 PM
    I think the device will compliment the software well.

You can't video record
    Use the compass
    Etc

On your 3G
    Cycorder
    Use the Sun and Stars
    06-10-2009 12:00 AM
    3.0 is amazing compared to 2.2.1

landscape, etc.. so many better features
    06-10-2009 12:07 AM
    Can anyone with 3.0 already installed verify whether this 11 pages of Home Screens rumor is true? I am one of those who maxes out all 9 and is looking forward to more App space:

theiphoneblog.com/2009/04/01/iphone-30-beta-2-11-home-pages-180-apps

(It wouldn't allow me to post the link since I don't have 10 posts yet but thats the link above minus the w w w)

Thank you and please refrain from the "Why do you have so many pages?" questions.... I just do
    06-10-2009 12:33 AM
    I cannot imagine that 3.0 will be disappointing. I am banking on the fact that it is great enough that I will not be do upset about not being able to the the S. Pretty confident that will be the case.
    06-10-2009 12:37 AM
    Ah, you got my hopes up. I thought I was getting a quick response. I'll just have to check back in a couple hours hopefully there's someone who can test it for me.

Even if you don't have the pages filled if you have the 3.0 can u just put one app on each screen to see if it goes to 11. I would really appreciate it.
    06-10-2009 12:46 AM
    I upgrade a phone at work to the 3.0 and was wondering if anyone who got an early release of 3.0 can explain the push notification. I can't find it any where in the settings. I didn't know if I had to wait until apps updated to support 3.0 or not
    06-10-2009 01:44 AM
    I think the camera works better. Much clearer.
    06-10-2009 03:02 AM
    @iReviewTheApps4u: 11 pages of apps confirmed. See screenshot for example.
    06-10-2009 04:30 AM
    There are several killer features for me.
    (1) Copy/Paste- I rarely use it, but when you need it, you need it.
    (2) Landscape app support
    (3) Search, esp. the continue search on server email support that works in Gmail and Exchange 2007- that's huge for me.
    (4) Subscription calendars

and hey, I might finally get myself some BT headphones.
    06-10-2009 04:32 AM
    For those who are complaining that 3.0 does not have all the features they want, not a major upgrade etc. I think Apple are doing a good job at getting these updates out, think about the features the original iPhone didn't have and all the changes from then till now. Don't forget that even the first iPhone can be updated all the way to 3.0 for free (even though some features are missing).

Before the iPhone I had a WinMo phone which had plenty of features, but a lot of the time it was buggy and everything didn't work that well. With Apple you can be sure that all features that they include will work perfectly and really elegantly. You couldn't even get official updates for WinMo, unless you got cooked (unofficial) ROMs. You were just expected to put up with the same OS and bugs for the whole time you had the phone.

I think 3.0 is good and I can wait for updates because I know they will be implemented right.
    Looking forward to official 3.0 and push notifications!
    06-10-2009 04:52 AM
    I have a question to those of you who upgraded to OS 3.0 already. Can you assign to different sounds (other than default OS sounds) to New Text Message, New Mail or Voicemail? My old Razr could assign any sound to those functions. thanks.
    06-10-2009 07:44 AM
    Unfortunately, no. On 3.0 you are still stuck with that lame choice of barely audible sounds for text messages and voicemail. Let's not even mention the non existent calendar alert.
    06-10-2009 08:04 AM
    Unfortunately, no. On 3.0 you are still stuck with that lame choice of barely audible sounds for text messages and voicemail. Let's not even mention the non existent calendar alert.
    Ok that's annoying. As much as I love my iphone 3g, I really do love it.

I am still AMAZED at what my old 2 year old Motorola Razr v3 could do that the iphone 3g STILL can't do.
    06-10-2009 08:12 AM
    Look folks... as I said... to each his own and your mileage may vary. For me, I'm just not that impressed and probably could have stayed with 2.2.1. Here's my reasoning....yours of course will be different:

Landscape keyboard - don't really care. not a deal breaker for me.
    MMS - don't care. don't use it. sending email is fine for me.
    Spotlight search - I can take it or leave it. Probably won't use it.
    Voice memos - don't care. won't use it.
    Buy movies etc... don't care. won't use it.
    Tethering - a welcome addition, but will not pay wireless provider extra for it.
    Stereo bluetooth - Won't use it.
    Syncing of Exchange tasks and Notes - still missing
    Unified Inbox - still missing

Cut/Copy/Paste - nice to have. A welcome addition
    06-10-2009 09:42 AM
    If I get mms capability and copy and paste I'll be happy for now.. I would also like to be able to do a forward of text like on most other phones though.. But overall I am pleased...
    06-10-2009 12:04 PM
    not really to thrilled, the only things i was interested in were video recording and some form of multitasking/background processes. i don't even have a txt plan so don't care about mms, i realize its important to a lot of people though, I am just not one of them. what i would like to know though, they say "100 new features" OK how are we supposed to use/check out/take advantage of these features if we are not allowed to know what thy are ! does that make any sense ?
    06-10-2009 12:17 PM
    Let's not even mention the non existent calendar alert.
    Alli, isn't this already on the 3G? I mean it is weak with only one alert sound/vibrate, but it is there. I use it a good bit.

I would also like to be able to do a forward of text like on most other phones though
    If I am not mistaken this will be a part of 3.0. It was not mentioned in the latest keynote,, but it was mentioned in the previous announcement of 3.0. I don't think I dreamed that?
    06-10-2009 12:17 PM
156 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD