View Poll Results: Happy with iPhone 3.0 features?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...

142 91.03%
  • No...

14 8.97%
    Will those 9 people that voted no please stand up?
    03-18-2009 09:03 AM
    I'm happy with it. I'm a former Blackberry user and i'm glad I switched over.
    03-18-2009 09:35 AM
    I'm still a bit surprised at all the people complaining about lack of video recording. Just what do you have to take video of all the time? And if you want to shoot video, why would you want to shoot video with a crappy camera?

I don't even like the video quality at 640x480 that my 8MP Canon digi-cam takes at the highest settings, and it takes fine pictures. And I know that is better than cell phone cameras so I don't see the appeal. Do you record yourself just walking around? Do you record your friends just hanging out on the couch or out on the town? What is it? Are you sending sexy videos to your gf?

Or is it that everyone wants to be a news reporter and send in those stupid videos of idiotic comments to CNN or catch the cops beating up some suspect?

I wouldn't think there will be a big hardware update this year just to improve the camera. And the 3.0 OS clearly isn't setup for major changes in how it performs so I don't see them fragmenting the market yet. I'd bet the changes will be increase the storage and change the back to the matte finish.
    Last edited by sting7k; 03-18-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    03-18-2009 09:36 AM
    I'm still a bit surprised at all the people complaining about lack of video recording. Just what do you have to take video of all the time? And if you want to shoot video, why would you want to shoot video with a crappy camera?
    I'm with you. I also didn't see a dire need for cut n paste or MMS. Of course, look at how other things are popular that make no sense - Facebook, Twitter?!? As you said, MMS and Video Rec. would be for all those people that feel they need to snap inane pictures and videos and send them to all their friends. Sorry, I don't need to know you had a good ****, and I certainly don't need to see a picture of it.
    03-18-2009 10:07 AM
    Hey my first post here! I owned the original iphone for about 3 months when it first came out. Many of the things that made me return back to my BB and skip on the 3g have been addressed with this software update to come. I will most likely be leaving Verizon this June/July and picking up hopefully the new iphone itself with the new software.
    03-18-2009 01:54 PM
    It sounds great, but I want to make sure we can jb it before I upgrade.
    03-18-2009 02:08 PM
    I was about to sell my iPhone on ebay but now with all this great stuff I will keep it. I am excited about the push I hope it works as great as they say.
    03-18-2009 02:16 PM
    It sounds great, but I want to make sure we can jb it before I upgrade.
    Several of my jailbreak reasons would be taken care of with the update.
    03-18-2009 03:22 PM
    I'm pretty ecstatic about 3.0. If they follow through with everything they say they will, the iPhone will become, essentially, the "perfect toy."
    03-18-2009 03:55 PM
    I'm Happy, an update is an update at the end of the day.
    Better than no update :P

Like the sound of Turn by Turn GPS, and C&P.
    03-18-2009 07:57 PM
    Yes... everyone needs to remember that there a over 100 new features... I don't even think half that was mentioned, so video recording - you never know. I can't wait!
    03-18-2009 09:26 PM
    Is it posible to make the camera better than 2.0 with just an update?
    03-18-2009 09:26 PM
    Is it posible to make the camera better than 2.0 with just an update?
    If you mean better as in 2.Xmp-3.Xmp, no.
    03-18-2009 09:33 PM
    i didn't think it was either. thanks
    03-18-2009 09:50 PM
    No problem
    03-19-2009 12:01 AM
    Duvi, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... If there were to be any video recording happening with the iPhone, it would MOST definitely have been announced. Sorry! 
    03-19-2009 01:14 AM
    I dont know why some are complaining about the lack of video capabilities on the iPhone. Im sure most people have their phone jailbroken, so just download the video program afterwards, which works quite well IMO.
    03-19-2009 04:19 AM
    I dont know why some are complaining about the lack of video capabilities on the iPhone. Im sure most people have their phone jailbroken, so just download the video program afterwards, which works quite well IMO.
    The whole point is that people would rather play by the rules and be fully supported. Apple just makes that impossible.
    03-19-2009 06:20 AM
    Yes... everyone needs to remember that there a over 100 new features... I don't even think half that was mentioned, so video recording - you never know. I can't wait!
    exactly, im sure this developers event was just the tip of the iceberg in what the new OS will be able to do. Maybe even a few things a new phone itself will be only able to utilize.
    03-19-2009 07:09 AM
    The whole point is that people would rather play by the rules and be fully supported. Apple just makes that impossible.
    Exactly... I honestly would shell up a little bit of $$$ to not have to use a jailbroken version of the app. You have to honestly think to yourself... Apple tests everything rigoriously, while Cydia and company just create and distribute. I'll take my chances with Apple, whether it messes up my iPhone at this point, I'm sure they'd replace it with no issues/questions asked.

"Hey, I jailbroke my device and it doesn't work anymore. What are your replacement options?" I know I can format and all that good stuff, but I would really love to be able to have the issue on spot and go to Apple on spot. Not find the nearest PC/Mac with iTunes.
    03-19-2009 07:26 AM
    Very happy with the new features it makes everything a bit easier just wished there was video recording
    03-19-2009 02:38 PM
    Happy. Wish there was more to offer but I am still pleased.
    03-20-2009 07:42 PM
    The only thing really missing is a today lock screen.

But in general, once they fix all the bugs it will be one hell of a mobile OS.
    03-21-2009 03:40 AM
    I am happy. Finally mms copy and paste as well message forwarding so I am happy other than I want flash now. Oh and the new Bluetooth features are nice as well.
    03-22-2009 03:09 AM
    I'm freaking happy, I think I couldn't ask for more.
    03-22-2009 01:45 PM
156 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD