How many times have you dropped....

tate72

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I think this would be cool.

How many times have you dropped your IPhone? Did it cause any damage or how many times before it did? What was your reaction when you dropped it?
I dropped mine once on the livingroom floor (carpet), but nothing happened to it. Boy but my eyes about fell out of my head. LOL!! :D

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I dropped it once in a movie theater...it was a short, soft drop, but still my stomach sank for a few seconds before I picked it up. It was fine in the end :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well I am lucky I will say I have not yet dropped my iPhone 3G and I am generally pretty protective of it.

I did drop my original iPhone a little over a month after I paid the original price of $599 for the 8GB back in the summer of 2007. I was on my way back from work and got stopped at a light that generally takes forever. So I pulled out my iPhone (since I had just gotten it) and was so excited now I could check stuff out while waiting at traffic lights. Well the light changed before I was ready and I just started going and set the iPhone in my lap. I went to turn down my street a mile later and the iPhone slid off my lap and down under the seat (or so I thought). I didn't see it so I figured it just went under the seat and I would get it when I got out. I pull in the drive way and open the door...and I hear the sound, I knew exactly what it was; my iPhone hitting the asphalt. It was some how wedged up against door and seat and when I opened the door it fell out. Looking down I see my iPhone laying on the ground, screen facing down and at that time my iPhone was going commando. Picking it up I see one of the corners had some minor bumps and nicks and the silent switch had a scrape and chunk taken out of it. Looking a the screen I saw one very small scratch.

For like the next few hours I thought I was going to be sick, having just dropped my $600 phone and just replaying it over and over in my head.

In any case it all worked out, I was able to sell that one still dinged up a bit for $394 on eBay to pay for my new iPhone 3G in July 2008. Go figure, I guess people really wanted to jailbreak those original iPhones.

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
The same thing happened to me, I forgot it was in my lap and got out my truck but the only bad thing was it fell into a puddle of water. I got it out really fast and everything was ok. I still put it in a bag of rice for a few days powered off just to make sure. Never had a problem with it though.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I let someone I work with look at it a few days after I got mine... He dropped it. Luckily he was sitting down and it fell onto carpet. Nothing happened that I know of.

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I let someone I work with look at it a few days after I got mine... He dropped it. Luckily he was sitting down and it fell onto carpet. Nothing happened that I know of.

If it would have broke I would have beat him, haha. Then made him pay for a new one. lol

AshlieMac

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
None so far, but then I've only had it for a little over a week.

I have three friends who have cracked their screens, so I'm terrified of dropping it! We were talked into purchasing the Best Buy insurance (which covers accidental damage), but I'm thinking it's a ripoff at $15 per phone a month. :/

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I have dropped it at least three or four times - including onto pavement.

Usually something like it is in my pocket, I reach in to pull something out, and the iPhone comes out as well.

Everytime I have had the case on it, and no problems.

Chris

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
4 times. Twice in a parking lot (I drop every phone at least once in it's life, usually related to trying to get out of the car with phone in hand.) And twice on a sidewalk (fell out of pocket while leaning over.)

2 times with a silicone case on. No damage
2 times with the Power support airjacket. I had to get a new case which got mashed/cracked but I only had a few tiny minor scuffs on the chrme bezel.
Also the screen protector needed replacing (pebble gouges.) I'm glad I had a screen protector.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I drop my phone probably every day. I have a horrendously cracked screen but all damage done was from a single drop that landed very badly with the screen straight down. Your phone is alot more durable that you might think. It doesnt look all shiny and perfect like some people's, but its my iphone, and I love it.

oli_jgb

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
I have dropped mine a few times, I didn't even notice it had happened until the other day, but I have a fairly large crack down the side, near the camera. Doesn't affect it at all. Really early on I scratched the screen and I have literally NO idea how it happened. it's not a big scratch but it regularly annoys me. I have a couple of other nicks and dents and a few scratches on the back from docking. I keep it 90% of the time in a griffin holster, which does the job.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice