Preserving Photos

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
My mom used to sync her iPhone to a Dell, but now uses a Mac. She hasn't syncd her iPhone in a couple months because she's afraid of losing data. She's visiting me, so I was going to get everything set up for her. My only concern is with her pics.

She has almost 1000 pictures that have been syncd to her iPhone and she will be extremely devastated if she loses them. Copying the original files from her dell is not an option, since it has been reformatted and given to my sister. I started searching for the files on my dad's external hard drive but am not having great luck as he's not very good at keeping his files organized. So what I want to do is sync her phone to the mac without checking the "sync photos" box. But I'm scared that it'll wipe her photos. I decided to do a test on my own iPhone and as soon as I unchecked the box, I was given an option to keep photos or erase them. Since this is my mom's first sync, she is not given such an option.

Has anyone done this before?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Well, I spent the time and found all the photos that were on my mom's iPhone and put them on her Mac before sync'ing her phone. As soon I clicked "sync", a message popped up asking if I wanted to delete all her photos or keep them.

So YES, you can sync to a new computer, keep the sync photos box unchecked, and not lose your photos.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2