Is is possible to change the text message sounds to my own on iPhone? I've managed to use a site for making music to ringtone, but it does not work for text.
    03-16-2009 09:37 AM
    You can change the text sound from the default, but only to one of the other Apple included sounds. If you jailbreak then you have a lot more options, but since I don't jailbreak can't really help you beyond letting you know it's possible.
    03-16-2009 11:08 AM
    sorry i'm new to this what does the term jailbreak mean?
    03-16-2009 03:27 PM
    It's basically firmware made by group of people that are not Apple. It allows you to add different programs outside the app store and customize the phone a lot more than the standard Apple firmware.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...break-central/
    03-16-2009 03:44 PM
    sorry i'm new to this what does the term jailbreak mean?
    http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...-3-9-09-a.html
    03-16-2009 11:35 PM
    Cant you convert tunes to be compatible for Ringtones/Message Tones/Alarm Tones? Then just copy them into iTunes?
    03-26-2009 07:20 AM
    Cant you convert tunes to be compatible for Ringtones/Message Tones/Alarm Tones? Then just copy them into iTunes?
    Not for text, email, voicemail, calendar alarms and such. If jailbroken you can use an app called toneFXs to convert and replace the sounds, pretty easy and fool proof, tonFXs can even restore all the defaults if you like, but it costs money. If you don't do something like that, you would need to convert them yourself to the proper format and rename them to the right names and ssh them into the proper directory overwriting/replacing the stock sounds.
    03-26-2009 08:55 AM
    If only things were simpler eh!?
    03-26-2009 10:11 AM
    Jailbreak is your key.. You can have more options when you do it to your iPhone.
    But I don't jailbreak, you better find other member here that is expert in that manner.
    03-27-2009 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD