I've never ever gotten 3G where I am, and only once in North Carolina for about 2 minutes, I'm not sure why, but whatever. Should I turn 3G mode off? Will that save battery?

Also, I've never had a case for my iPhone because I treat phones really well, and I think they take away from the sleek look of the product. Should I maybe get one?

EDIT: There is also dust under my screen, little black specks? They just appeared. Can this be removed? Now that I see it, it's all I can look at.

Thanks
    Last edited by hiimhenryyy; 03-12-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    03-12-2009 08:10 PM
    Leave 3G set to off if you don't use it.

Check out the accessories forum. You can see what others are using.

You can not remove the dust specks, I'd take it back to Apple if you just got it.
    03-12-2009 09:03 PM
    Thanks Bad Ash,

I actually just called them up, the women said I'm under warranty and recommends I get an exchange. That's a brand new phone, right?

I decided when I do get my new exchange phone, I'll be getting a nice case for it, because I'm over the "sleek, pretty" look of the phone.

And, I'm turning 3G off.

I'm loving this forum, and hope to contribute in the future. It's a nice environment.
    03-12-2009 09:43 PM
    Like BA said, I would keep the 3G off and just leave the WiFi on to hit HotSpots. Even though I am in avery good 3G area, when I am home I will turn 3G off and turn WiFi on to save my battery. It really helps.

If you want a slim but tough case you may look at the InCase. It is a hard plastic case with a rubbery paint to give it some grip. It protects the iPhone while keeping it slim enough to slip in a pocket.
    03-12-2009 10:38 PM
    I leave it off. Dont know if it helps battery or not
    03-12-2009 11:38 PM
    I leave it off. Dont know if it helps battery or not
    It absolutely does make a difference. Leaving 3G off will extend the battery life.
    03-13-2009 12:46 PM
    Thanks for all the replies! It's been on all this time. I've been looking into one of those cases that charges at the same time.
    03-13-2009 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD