The Pre hasn't even been release or really shown off and you already know you are going to switch to it before seeing the iPhone 3.0 OS? Not saying the Pre won't be a decent product, just find it strange to see someone so behind the Pre at this early stage.
    Well ideally, i'd wait a year for webOS to mature a bit.

I love the iphone. (nevermind the jabs i poke at it) I'd like it better if it was on Sprint. I'm not a sprint fanboy but its the best coverage by far for me in my area. Being much cheaper doesn't hurt either. I've dropped calls and everything else but i think its more at&t than the iphone.

So the Pre is the first sprint capacitive touch screen, great browser, SOME useful apps at launch, that should give me enough of an iphone like experience. The multitasking and notifications is just dessert. Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't get rid of the iphone til i tried out the Pre.

I may get an ipod touch though if the Pre works out.
    03-14-2009 09:23 AM
    So the Pre is the first sprint capacitive touch screen, great browser, SOME useful apps at launch, that should give me enough of an iphone like experience. The multitasking and notifications is just dessert. Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't get rid of the iphone til i tried out the Pre.
    Well that makes a lot more sense now

I used to not like ATT, but in the last year the coverage in Miami has gotten a lot better. So yeah, if sprints coverage is a lot better and you can still get a cool, capacitance touch device I would probably do that too.
    03-14-2009 10:59 AM
    You know, an easy way to help organize multiple pages of apps would be simply to let people "name" different pages - and then have a link to go to that page. Sort of like tapping the home button on the springboard will bring you to the first page - you could tap an icon that had whatever name you wanted (page 2, games, productivity, fart apps, etc) and it would move you to the page you designate with that name.

To go back to the main page simply tap the home button.

It would SORT of work like filing, except you will still have all the pages on the main springboard.
    03-14-2009 09:40 PM
    I would also like to see some more functionality on the calendar app. That is probably one of the top things I miss from my Treo days. More options for repeating events, more options for things like appointments, to do items on the calendar, etc.
    03-14-2009 09:45 PM
    So does anyone trust Kevin Rose and what he has said about 3.0?
    03-15-2009 07:14 PM
    More than BGR that's for sure. He was dead on with 2.0 and what he says makes sense and lines up with my own speculation. I also agree MMS isn't going to happen
    03-15-2009 07:58 PM
    More than BGR that's for sure. He was dead on with 2.0 and what he says makes sense and lines up with my own speculation. I also agree MMS isn't going to happen
    He never said MMS was not going to happen actually. He simply said he was not sure about that. I tend to believe him this time around. In the past, I wouldn't. Two days and we will know.
    03-15-2009 08:18 PM
    He never said MMS was not going to happen actually. He simply said he was not sure about that. I tend to believe him this time around. In the past, I wouldn't. Two days and we will know.
    Yeah, I read on a couple sites that he said no MMS, but either way I never believed the BGR rumors on MMS.
    03-15-2009 09:31 PM
    Yeah, I read on a couple sites that he said no MMS, but either way I never believed the BGR rumors on MMS.
    Check out the video from that Diggnation. He seems unsure of every detail honestly.
    03-15-2009 11:10 PM
    Check out the video from that Diggnation. He seems unsure of every detail honestly.
    I'll take your word on it
    And listen to the Apple announcement Tuesday.
    03-15-2009 11:11 PM
    Until his track record of predictions improves, I will be taking a handful of salt with what he says (even if he nailed the Nano update).
    03-15-2009 11:25 PM
    Until his track record of predictions improves, I will be taking a handful of salt with what he says (even if he nailed the Nano update).
    He claims it comes from the same source. Tuesday is almost here.
    03-15-2009 11:30 PM
    He claims it comes from the same source. Tuesday is almost here.
    Tuesday still seems about 1000 years away...
    03-15-2009 11:40 PM
    Copy Paste
    Way less crashing
    03-16-2009 11:55 AM
    I didn't read everything, but here is the list of things I can think off the top of my head.

MMS - Not really for sending, but receiving. I have a lot of people that still send them to me and I never receive.

Email - Being able to attach photos (multiple ones) from the email app

Copy/Paste - Don't really use it that much, but why not!

Push Notification - I would rather push over background processes. In fact, I don't think Apple will ever do background processes especially after the "push notification" segment they had clowning the task manager on winslow.

Turn by Turn - With voice. I love my AT&T Navigator and would love this on the iPhone.

Battery - increased battery life

Today Screen - like Intelliscreen, this would be awesome.
    Last edited by Duvi; 03-17-2009 at 01:27 AM.
    03-16-2009 10:52 PM
    30 minutes away and we will know everything...
    03-17-2009 12:30 PM
    Have a feeling my iPhone is about to be slammed with Twitter text alerts in the next 60 mins
    03-17-2009 12:34 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD