App Store updates gone crazy!

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Old Updates Showing up as New

When I open the app store on my phone and go to updates several apps show up as needing updates, however I have already installed these updates. Many times the updates are from months prior. Usually the icon shows "installed" as the status, but the shield still shows for updates pending on my home screen. Anyone else have this happen or know how to stop it from happening?

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
This has been happening to me too. It's seems after I close then re-open the app store, the issue goes away. Then a couple of days later, it happens again.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Sounds exactly like what I have happening, but sometimes closing and re-opening the app store doesn't always fix it for me anymore.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So this just started happening to me 2 weeks ago. I will get on my iPhone and be checking out the app store, or I will see that I have updates when the number appears on the badge. After installing one update I go back to get another and there are often anywhere from 1-20 app updates now. The problem is, they are all for apps that don't actually have updates and the ones that actually have updates are gone. Sometimes it is even saying that the version I should "update" too is a version I know is one I got weeks ago. (one case in particular is Hero of Sparta, currently v1.0.1 comes up constantly saying to update to v1.0 according to the app store.)

I can see no pattern to this madness or way to always get it fixed. Sometimes just closing and reopening the app store works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes resetting my iPhone works and sometimes not. The only thing for sure is that I never get false updates when looking for updates via iTunes on my computer. Only on the iPhone.

Has anyone else had this happen? Just right now I was flipping to my game screen and saw I had 3 updates according to the app store, iTunes confirmed this. After downloading one of them I went back and now it says I have 14 updates, none are for the other 2 apps I need to update.

Edit - Also note, when I select one of these so called "updates" it does say that it's already installed and won't let me actually download it.

Edit 2 - Ok, now iTunes (on my computer) says I have 29 updates! I really do not know what is going on here, they are all old updates. One is for AIM 1.4.1 and I know 2.0 came out last week.

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
a Facebook update to import your friends profile pics to the contact pics like the new version of Facebook for BB would be great..

rbwilson

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
App store update problems

I've been having the same incorrect update information showing up on my Iphone 3G: As many as 12 apps (which are actually current on the Iphone) show up when I select the "Updates" button of the App Store tool. Selecting any of them from the indicated list shows a grayed-out "installed" button, indicating no need to update. If I close and reopen the App Store and select updates, I get just an "All Apps are up to date" indication. This is continuing to occur. I am running software version 2.1.1 (not unlocked, not jailbroken).

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I just started a thread about this a day or two ago. Same thing has been happening to me. Glad to hear I'm the only one. I haven't found a cure for this weird behavior yet myself.

kittycatspawz#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I've been having the same issue, but, only with a couple of apps. Yesterday, I thought it was weird it happened with 2 or 3 of mine. Since I'm so new to the iPhone, I thought it musta been something I did.

Glad to know it wasn't "me!" lol!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Same here... I keep getting 4-5, but when I go in, I only see 1 update (shazam as I do not want more ads)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It happens every so often. Have any of you tried updating your apps via iTunes and then syncing? May solve the issue. May not - worth a shot.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
ditto for me they will randomly go away it seems like that happens when im on my wifi network but then comes back when on edge (I have an original iPhone) I havent done any testing on this theory but its just what I'm noticing. I wonder how many other people are having this issue?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen