I transfered all my contacts from my now defunct Palm and so got 6000+ contacts from my previous company. I have manager to delete them from the Contacts on my Mac, but this does not seem possible on the iPhone itself.
    Is there a way to delete multiple contacts files?
    03-03-2009 11:54 AM
    If you sync the contacts, then you should be able to delete the multiple contacts on your Mac and then sync. As far as I know, this is not possible on the iPhone.
    03-03-2009 12:09 PM
    That's what I feared. There appears to be no way to clear more than one record at a time which is naff. All mobile phones have this facility. I have 6000+ records to delete 1 by 1! Any ideas anyone?
    03-05-2009 07:14 AM
    Well...depending on how you have the contact info you have backed up, you could simply restore the phone to the factory settings. That will erase everything, including your contacts.
    03-05-2009 10:05 AM
    You could just tell iTunes to not sync your contacts and I believe that will delete them from the phone or as the previous post suggested just do a restore, it doesn't take that long.
    03-05-2009 02:07 PM
    Does anyone know how to delete a name from auto complete? I entered email address once to send a single message and dont need it anymore but every time i enter first letter of first or last name it shows in auto complete...
    03-05-2009 03:31 PM
    Does anyone know how to delete a name from auto complete? I entered email address once to send a single message and dont need it anymore but every time i enter first letter of first or last name it shows in auto complete...
    I don't think you can, which is really annoying.

I could be wrong though.
    03-05-2009 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD