iPhone Gift Card Credit [Applied to Apps?]

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
If I have a balance left over from a gift card associated with my iTunes account will the App Store on the phone apply this credit if I purchase it on the phone, or do I need to buy it from my computer?

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
Cool, you should then see whatever credit you have in the upper right hand corner of iTunes.

Yeah on my computer I see I have a 9 dollar credit. So I figure if I buy and app it should apply that and when I check my PC again it will then deduct the amount from the 9.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
HOWEVER, we aren't seeing that in Canada. For both me and a friend of mine, iTunes only subtracts music, movies, and other media from iTunes gift balances. App purchases ignore gift cards and charge the credit card.

Any other Canadians or other countries have any experience with this?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
HOWEVER, we aren't seeing that in Canada. For both me and a friend of mine, iTunes only subtracts music, movies, and other media from iTunes gift balances. App purchases ignore gift cards and charge the credit card.

Ouch, that's not good and it really makes no sense. I feel for you.

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site

This happened to me here in the US.

I am going to contact support and ask them to put it back on my card and take it from my balance. If they give me trouble, I will ask them to point me where this info is that says it does not apply to apps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73