Will you be disappointed?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
If Apple does not release a new device this summer or even this year?

How would you feel? Would you move to a new platform?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'll be a little sad, but I would definitely still stick with my iPhone.

Even if Apple doesn't release a new device, they will release a major software update that will keep me happy.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I'm an Apple fan boy using the original iPhone so it is not a huge deal to me, as long as they keep advancing the software.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I am hoping that its just a big software update... One of my friends is waiting on the new one to come out and he keeps telling me I am going to regret buying my phone now... I would love to point and laugh if he went 5 months without for no reason!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I am hoping that its just a big software update... One of my friends is waiting on the new one to come out and he keeps telling me I am going to regret buying my phone now... I would love to point and laugh if he went 5 months without for no reason!

Hate to say it, but the odds are in his favor. I know the feeling of being outdated after buying something, but have learned to just enjoy it when you have the latest and greatest and not harp on it when you don't. At this point in time I'm telling any of my friends that want an iPhone to just wait and see.

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Seeing as how I just recently got my iPhone 3G, I'm fine with Apple not releasing a new model till next year. I'll be eligible for an upgrade then. A major firmware upgrade would be nice though.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hate to say it, but the odds are in his favor. I know the feeling of being outdated after buying something, but have learned to just enjoy it when you have the latest and greatest and not harp on it when you don't. At this point in time I'm telling any of my friends that want an iPhone to just wait and see.

See that good thing is the 3G will hold it value similar to the first gen. I say just buy... sell later.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
See that good thing is the 3G will hold it value similar to the first gen. I say just buy... sell later.

Yeah, I know people that sold their 1st gen for more than they bought a 2nd gen. But for my less technical friends in trying to buy and then sell I would just say to wait, for people on these forums that are comfortable with selling on ebay and such then probably a good chance of getting almost all of you money back selling the old one.

One question though, was there a cut off date last time with who could restart their 2 year contract going from the 1st gen to 2nd gen iPhone? Like if you bought it in early June, not sure you could then restart your 2 year with a iPhone 3g a month later.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah, I know people that sold their 1st gen for more than they bought a 2nd gen. But for my less technical friends in trying to buy and then sell I would just say to wait, for people on these forums that are comfortable with selling on ebay and such then probably a good chance of getting almost all of you money back selling the old one.

One question though, was there a cut off date last time with who could restart their 2 year contract going from the 1st gen to 2nd gen iPhone? Like if you bought it in early June, not sure you could then restart your 2 year with a iPhone 3g a month later.

Good question - last time around you could activate a 2g the day before and it would get you the discount. I don't think there is a real answer until AT&T says something and we all know that will not be anytime soon. Realistically we still have 6 months or so - give or take.

So with that, I still say buy now.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I won't be disappointed. With new apps coming out all the time my phone is learning new tricks every month.

And if a new one DOES come out this summer, I've got my camping gear ready. :)

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I won't be sad. With new apps coming out all the time my phone is learning new tricks every month.

I thought about this before and it's true. Makes me wonder if Apple will just do a very small hardware update and major software update. All we can do is take what we get. :eek: I'll be happy either way.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I am just fine sticking with this one if they don't release a new device.. only because I just got it a week ago. :D

And if they did, I would be dropping the money to get it so if they don't they are saving me money. Which is always a good thing :)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't be disappointed if they don't drop anything, but if they do, I would be ecstatic. iPhone HD, that would be hot!

Last edited:

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Bad Ash, it would save me money also if they dont come out with a new one with summer. I know they probably will so I am getting ready now for when it does come out I can just go get it.,

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW