View Poll Results: Will you purchase the next iPhone?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - did you even have to ask?

74 50.68%
  • No - I've spent too much money already or just have no need for upgrades.

18 12.33%
  • Not sure yet - I want to see what Apple and AT&T has in store for us.

54 36.99%
    Simple question - will you purchase a new iPhone when the time comes this summer? Or are you content with what you currently have?
    02-23-2009 07:01 PM
    I will be buying one if they allow early contract renewal with iPhone like they did last time.
    02-23-2009 07:17 PM
    I will be buying one if they allow early contract renewal with iPhone like they did last time.
    You're going to possibly let $150-$200 get in your way of upgrading? I say possibly because I feel that current iPhone owners will be able to get the upgrade price and sign another 2 year contract. Could be wrong though... only time will tell.

Should'nt you have voted not sure yet?
    02-23-2009 07:19 PM
    I agree with bad ash, the possibility is there for a "special upgrade" for current iPhone owners, but if not...I'll get one anyway, I will be eligible for another exception upgrade at the end of May so I should be set. Still hoping for the "special upgrade" though
    02-23-2009 07:54 PM
    It depends. I want to see what upgrades will be made; whether it's worth buying a new iPhone. BTW, do you guys know if we'll be able to carry over all our apps and entire itunes library to the next gen device? I would think so but this is my first iPhone so am not quite sure.
    02-23-2009 08:05 PM
    It depends. I want to see what upgrades will be made; whether it's worth buying a new iPhone. BTW, do you guys know if we'll be able to carry over all our apps and entire itunes library to the next gen device? I would think so but this is my first iPhone so am not quite sure.
    Yes, they will carry over. Could you imagine the outcry from every single iPhone out there if Apple did something to stop that?
    02-23-2009 08:30 PM
    I just got mine in Dec., but would be interested to see what it is.
    02-23-2009 08:34 PM
    Actually, I don't think that a new iphone will be coming this summer. I think it will only be a new software update, maybe a few colored iPhones, but nothing major. Hopefully they will update the sizes though. A 32 gig one would be nice.
    02-23-2009 09:17 PM
    Actually, I don't think that a new iphone will be coming this summer. I think it will only be a new software update, maybe a few colored iPhones, but nothing major. Hopefully they will update the sizes though. A 32 gig one would be nice.
    I should have been more clear maybe but yes - no matter how large or small of a upgrade. There will be something, that is for sure.
    02-23-2009 09:19 PM
    In that case no, I will not upgrade. I am entirely satisfied with my iPhone just how it is now. I like the glossy black, have no battery or signal issues like some people, and have almost all the features I need. The only thing I would actually like is push notifications and video, which are both software issues.
    02-23-2009 09:25 PM
    It doesn't matter what the new one has... I will get it, unless it's just a color change or gb upgrade.
    02-23-2009 10:49 PM
    I said yes. However, if the only hardware change is a bigger hard drive, then I wont. 16gig is enough for me.
    Last edited by Leanna Lofte; 02-23-2009 at 11:14 PM.
    02-23-2009 10:57 PM
    I said yes. However, if the only hardware change is a bigger hard drive, then I wont. 15gig is enough for me.
    Heck... I don't even use up the 8 of my 16. In fact, when I had the 1st gen with 8, I only used 4 gbs. Of course I put more videos and apps and needed more than 4.
    02-23-2009 11:01 PM
    It doesn't matter what the new one has... I will get it, unless it's just a color change or gb upgrade.
    If my girlfriend didn't want my current phone then I'd agree with you. While 90% of my 16 gig is full I'd probably make the jump to 32 gig. Why not...
    02-24-2009 12:31 AM
    If it has a higher screen resolution and A2DP bluetooth stereo then I will. If not then Im off to the Touch Pro 2 with its 3.6-inch 480 X 800 WVGA resolution HTC - Products - HTC Touch Pro2 - Specification
    02-24-2009 05:57 AM
    It depends, I suspect since AT&T subsidizes the iPhone 3G that means anyone who currently has it will not be able to upgrade at a cheaper price until their contract is up. If that is the case I will not get it at the full price. The only way is if Apple can convince them to allow current iPhone users to upgrade at some kind of discount. You know Apple likes everyone to run out and upgrade their iPod to the newest right away so they want to keep it going with the iPhone. A higher resolution screen is really my main request, and making it OLED would be amazing (those things are freaking sweet).

It also depends what they add, and if what ever potential 3.0 software they have will also be on the iPhone 3G. If they give us the new software then getting new hardware might not be needed at all.
    Last edited by sting7k; 02-24-2009 at 08:44 AM.
    02-24-2009 08:42 AM
    It depends on what features is had added on. A larger hard drive would be nice, but not critical (I have a fair amount of space as it). HD video would be nice, but again - not critical (I don't download too many movies to watch).

Chris
    02-24-2009 10:02 AM
    You're going to possibly let $150-$200 get in your way of upgrading? I say possibly because I feel that current iPhone owners will be able to get the upgrade price and sign another 2 year contract. Could be wrong though... only time will tell.
    Well I assume the 32GB iPhone will be $299 with a 2 year contract and $599 without contract so I would probably let that get in my way. Although now that I have an blog site for apple I guess I will have to buy one no matter how much or else I will be behind the times and not be able to write anything

Shouldn't you have voted not sure yet?
    Technically yes, but I have a feeling one way or another I'm going to wind up with one so I voted yes
    02-24-2009 10:32 AM
    If it has a higher screen resolution and A2DP bluetooth stereo then I will. If not then Im off to the Touch Pro 2 with its 3.6-inch 480 X 800 WVGA resolution HTC - Products - HTC Touch Pro2 - Specification
    Bottom line - that's still windows mobile 6.1. And yeah I know 6.5 will be available for it as well. But I say big deal... still windows mobile.
    02-24-2009 10:37 AM
    Well I assume the 32GB iPhone will be $299 with a 2 year contract and $599 without contract so I would probably let that get in my way. Although now that I have an blog site for apple I guess I will have to buy one no matter how much or else I will be behind the times and not be able to write anything

Technically yes, but I have a feeling one way or another I'm going to wind up with one so I voted yes
    Good man...
    02-24-2009 10:38 AM
    If I were to buy from BB (I am a Premium Rewards Member) this week, I assume that if the new one comes out and I want it, I should be able to get it for some full retail price? Or do I have to wait? Do I have to trade-in my existing one? I was hoping to buy the 16GB for $200 (assumed this one would have better resale value) and then sell it for the new one in July.
    02-24-2009 12:45 PM
    I would have to vote no way. The Pre is coming..

But if it had not, i'd likely vote no and be waiting to jump ship for an android device on Sprint.

Let's be honest, that AT&T plan is insane. They need to cut it.
    02-25-2009 11:35 AM
    I would have to vote no way. The Pre is coming..

But if it had not, i'd likely vote no and be waiting to jump ship for an android device on Sprint.

Let's be honest, that AT&T plan is insane. They need to cut it.
    What if the Pre is a giant let down? Then what?
    02-25-2009 11:37 AM
    They have to make a new one they only make one phone others make many models too much competition to leave it the same. I will only get it if I get an early upgrade. I hope to see more ram and at least a 32gb model, and a major improvement in call quality.
    02-25-2009 11:48 AM
    They have to make a new one they only make one phone others make many models too much competition to leave it the same. I will only get it if I get an early upgrade. I hope to see more ram and at least a 32gb model, and a major improvement in call quality.
    And that's one of the reasons why I love Apple - they are not flooding the market with low quality devices just to put them out there COUGH<Like RIM>Cough... You have to respect that. The day I see a pink iPhone is the day I stop buying them... Will be interesting to see what Apple has up their sleeves.
    02-25-2009 11:51 AM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD