Will you purchase the next iPhone?

Will you purchase the next iPhone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
As long as Rogers allows early contract renewal which I am SURE they will because they did last year.

I'm willing to say I WILL purchase it but really I'm basing that on the rumours. If it really does have a 3.2mp camera, faster processor, 1.5X battery power, glowing apple, no chrome ring, 32GB, OLED, more RAM, possibly a front-facing camera, video editing, direct upload to YouTube... I will for sure pay $299 for those features.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I can't remember how I voted, but if the rumors I suspect are true (camera, processor, memory, compass) are the primary differences, I will probably wait.

Chris

KiaKaha

May 24, 2009
Visit site
I picked up a new white 16gb 3G iPhone here in NZ the other day and am very happy with it. Like the Facebook interface and all the apps.

I would assume that the changes to any new phone would primarily be software related unless they upgrade the camera and casing etc.

Once the new one comes out will make up my mind then, still have my Blackberry Bold sitting here as well as a back up :)

Ned

LovemyiPhone

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Got my 16GB 3g in April. I will not be getting the new model, IF there will even be a new model. The new software will handle all of the concerns I currently have regarding the iPhone.

ahmeduzair85

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Not Sure Yet

I was all gung-ho on buying the current Iphone 3g until I stumbled across first concrete piece of evidence on 19 May. Actually I was going to get this Iphone on the 21st. My worry is whether I will be able to use simcard solution to circumvent the carrier restrictions for next generation of Iphone. I know I can do that with the current one. If I can, then it is a no-brainer to wait for the new generation. I just hope it is not a disappointment the current one was (no flash camera, no video recording etc [i know some of the problems are expected to be resolved this time around]). Battery life is probably another one.

Lastly whats with the new OLED. Good news for battery life but some sources say that life of OLED is quite less than LCD? I can't imagine using a phone for 5 years but that is the life expectancy of OLED!

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i love my iphone and i would personally be very content with just a 32gb model color wise idc but i wish they would bring back the metal backs. because a unibody iphone like the new macbooks would be sweet.

but either way whether it is a new model entirely or just bigger space i will be buying it. i think the only way i wont if it is just a color option but no more space or features then ill pass.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
It seems I keep going back and forth on my decision..

I'd like to save up for some new things to do to my car that I just bought..

But then again I think the new iPhone will be too damn cool to hold off on..

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
I'll only purchase the new iPhone if its on the Verizon network. I refuse to switch to AT&T due to the lack of service provided in my hometown, Huntington Beach.

Shuckster

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
My iPhone dove into the pool a few weeks ago. 2G. I am back to Centro. Like going back to DOS but workable.

What is the latest timetable on this whole launch?? Will we be able to get out hands on a new on in July? Or is that just the announcement? If so when will we be able to get our hands on the new one??

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Simple question - will you purchase a new iPhone when the time comes this summer? Or are you content with what you currently have?

Every adult in my family will. The children are in count-down-to-Christmas mode scheming for the hand-me-downs.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
My iPhone dove into the pool a few weeks ago. 2G. I am back to Centro. Like going back to DOS but workable.

What is the latest timetable on this whole launch?? Will we be able to get out hands on a new on in July? Or is that just the announcement? If so when will we be able to get our hands on the new one??

I think the most likely dates are July 10 or July 17.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
definitely! I still have the 1st gen phone and was ready to jump to 3g. I did a little research and heard about a possible new gen phone so I am salivating at the thought of what's in store. I really hope that the shiny plastic is GONE!! that was the only thing holding me back from the 3g. even so I am purchasing the new phone no matter what

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR