View Poll Results: Will you purchase the next iPhone?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - did you even have to ask?

74 50.68%
  • No - I've spent too much money already or just have no need for upgrades.

18 12.33%
  • Not sure yet - I want to see what Apple and AT&T has in store for us.

54 36.99%
    I only would if the new iPhone had different features the 3G cannot have.
    05-18-2009 03:07 PM
    Just got my 3G a few weeks ago. If i can renew my contract and get the new iphone at a good price, ill do it for sure, but being a student that needs to pay rent in NY, i may not have the luxury...Of course, i am beyond happy with my current phone and ill probably still be in honeymoon mode till the update after this rumored one.
    Yea I'm looking into selling my 2g and getting the 3g as well.
    05-18-2009 05:43 PM
    Not for full price maybe at end of contract with AT&T.
    Last edited by Tramain; 05-22-2009 at 05:54 AM.
    05-22-2009 05:49 AM
    if i get a good discount on it
    05-22-2009 09:07 PM
    I just got my iPhone a couple of weeks ago and it does everything i need. so unless the new one is something drastically different ( which is unlikely ) i wont bother upgrading to it.
    05-23-2009 10:41 AM
    As long as Rogers allows early contract renewal which I am SURE they will because they did last year.

I'm willing to say I WILL purchase it but really I'm basing that on the rumours. If it really does have a 3.2mp camera, faster processor, 1.5X battery power, glowing apple, no chrome ring, 32GB, OLED, more RAM, possibly a front-facing camera, video editing, direct upload to YouTube... I will for sure pay $299 for those features.
    05-23-2009 12:04 PM
    I just got my 3g. But I will still wait in line for this new iPhone
    05-23-2009 10:19 PM
    Im totally undecided at this point. Too many good handsets coming out.
    05-24-2009 01:25 AM
    Yes, I will buy the new one because I've waited a long time for my old contract to end and it's time.
    05-24-2009 05:34 AM
    Im totally undecided at this point. Too many good handsets coming out.
    Yea its getting hard to decide. but the iPhone will always be my #1 choice.
    05-24-2009 10:37 AM
    I can't remember how I voted, but if the rumors I suspect are true (camera, processor, memory, compass) are the primary differences, I will probably wait.

Chris
    05-24-2009 11:42 AM
    I skipped the iPhone 3G so the next one is on my list of new gadgets to get without a doubt.
    05-24-2009 03:17 PM
    well..judging the fact i am on a month to month contract with my BlackBerry 8130, you're damn right i am getting it when it releases.
    05-24-2009 05:27 PM
    Thinking about buying the new one for the wife...
    05-24-2009 05:50 PM
    I picked up a new white 16gb 3G iPhone here in NZ the other day and am very happy with it. Like the Facebook interface and all the apps.

I would assume that the changes to any new phone would primarily be software related unless they upgrade the camera and casing etc.

Once the new one comes out will make up my mind then, still have my Blackberry Bold sitting here as well as a back up

Ned
    05-24-2009 06:00 PM
    Got my 16GB 3g in April. I will not be getting the new model, IF there will even be a new model. The new software will handle all of the concerns I currently have regarding the iPhone.
    05-24-2009 06:11 PM
    I was all gung-ho on buying the current Iphone 3g until I stumbled across first concrete piece of evidence on 19 May. Actually I was going to get this Iphone on the 21st. My worry is whether I will be able to use simcard solution to circumvent the carrier restrictions for next generation of Iphone. I know I can do that with the current one. If I can, then it is a no-brainer to wait for the new generation. I just hope it is not a disappointment the current one was (no flash camera, no video recording etc [i know some of the problems are expected to be resolved this time around]). Battery life is probably another one.

Lastly whats with the new OLED. Good news for battery life but some sources say that life of OLED is quite less than LCD? I can't imagine using a phone for 5 years but that is the life expectancy of OLED!
    05-25-2009 09:25 AM
    i love my iphone and i would personally be very content with just a 32gb model color wise idc but i wish they would bring back the metal backs. because a unibody iphone like the new macbooks would be sweet.

but either way whether it is a new model entirely or just bigger space i will be buying it. i think the only way i wont if it is just a color option but no more space or features then ill pass.
    05-26-2009 05:02 AM
    It seems I keep going back and forth on my decision..

I'd like to save up for some new things to do to my car that I just bought..

But then again I think the new iPhone will be too damn cool to hold off on..
    05-26-2009 06:56 PM
    My wife and I will be switching from Sprint and awful Windows Mobile as soon as the new iphones are released.
    05-27-2009 02:09 PM
    I'll only purchase the new iPhone if its on the Verizon network. I refuse to switch to AT&T due to the lack of service provided in my hometown, Huntington Beach.
    05-27-2009 02:53 PM
    My iPhone dove into the pool a few weeks ago. 2G. I am back to Centro. Like going back to DOS but workable.

What is the latest timetable on this whole launch?? Will we be able to get out hands on a new on in July? Or is that just the announcement? If so when will we be able to get our hands on the new one??
    05-28-2009 12:52 PM
    Simple question - will you purchase a new iPhone when the time comes this summer? Or are you content with what you currently have?
    Every adult in my family will. The children are in count-down-to-Christmas mode scheming for the hand-me-downs.
    05-28-2009 01:49 PM
    My iPhone dove into the pool a few weeks ago. 2G. I am back to Centro. Like going back to DOS but workable.

What is the latest timetable on this whole launch?? Will we be able to get out hands on a new on in July? Or is that just the announcement? If so when will we be able to get our hands on the new one??
    I think the most likely dates are July 10 or July 17.
    05-28-2009 04:01 PM
    definitely! I still have the 1st gen phone and was ready to jump to 3g. I did a little research and heard about a possible new gen phone so I am salivating at the thought of what's in store. I really hope that the shiny plastic is GONE!! that was the only thing holding me back from the 3g. even so I am purchasing the new phone no matter what
    05-28-2009 09:25 PM
104 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD