Will you purchase the next iPhone?

Will you purchase the next iPhone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
If I were to buy from BB (I am a Premium Rewards Member) this week, I assume that if the new one comes out and I want it, I should be able to get it for some full retail price? Or do I have to wait? Do I have to trade-in my existing one? I was hoping to buy the 16GB for $200 (assumed this one would have better resale value) and then sell it for the new one in July.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I would have to vote no way. The Pre is coming..

But if it had not, i'd likely vote no and be waiting to jump ship for an android device on Sprint.

Let's be honest, that AT&T plan is insane. They need to cut it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I would have to vote no way. The Pre is coming..

But if it had not, i'd likely vote no and be waiting to jump ship for an android device on Sprint.

Let's be honest, that AT&T plan is insane. They need to cut it.

What if the Pre is a giant let down? Then what?

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
They have to make a new one they only make one phone others make many models too much competition to leave it the same. I will only get it if I get an early upgrade. I hope to see more ram and at least a 32gb model, and a major improvement in call quality.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
They have to make a new one they only make one phone others make many models too much competition to leave it the same. I will only get it if I get an early upgrade. I hope to see more ram and at least a 32gb model, and a major improvement in call quality.

And that's one of the reasons why I love Apple - they are not flooding the market with low quality devices just to put them out there COUGH<Like RIM>Cough... You have to respect that. The day I see a pink iPhone is the day I stop buying them... Will be interesting to see what Apple has up their sleeves.

SPARTAN 781

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
No thank you. I just bought my son a new tv, a iphone 2G(very happy with btw) and a I will be ordering a laptop to unlock my phone next week. I hope its a huge software update with video and maybe a flash player?

elmarto

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
If Apple releases a new iPhone this summer and if Rogers allows to upgrade, then yes, I'll switch. Unless it's just more memory but I seriously doubt that they would bring a new SKU in just for 32GB phones. I basically see a non-crappy camera in my near future :)

eugarps#CB

May 31, 2008
Visit site
BA,

Yes, I'll be buying one. My Generation 1 is getting a bit long in the tooth and 3G has finally come to my hometown. I'd like more business/road warrior functionality. Maybe it'll be there.....:rolleyes:

Bill

sil3ntrid3r11

Feb 20, 2009
www.youtube.com
YES! i will be purchasing the new iPhone this summer, probably regardless of the update because i will be coming off the 2G iPhone. I think most 2G owners will feel compelled to upgrade to finally take advantage of the 3G/ GPS and not be worried of purchasing on the cusp of a new device coming. So i will be there for sure!

unless its a "nano", which i doubt it would be, and i think its the stupidest idea anyways

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
What if the Pre is a giant let down? Then what?

I really doubt it will be. It's an iphone with the missing features as well as new ones and a real kb. Has the webkit browser, capacitive screen, multitouch, etc. The only thing i'll be missing are the apps but then again, the few useful apps on iphone are likely to be over on the Pre. Plus you know the iphone won't add multitasking, offer synergy or handle notifications the way the Pre does.

For multitasking, the iphone will need totally new hardware, upgraded OS and wouldn't be compatible with older iphones. Not to mention it would risk not having such a simple UI that is so appealing to its target market.

Combine that with saving 70 or so a month on a cheaper unlimited plan that offers better speed and coverage (for me) as well as much fewer dropped calls and its kind of a nobrainer.

I seriously like the iphone as much as anyone, but the party is coming to an end for AT&T and its price gouging.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
You're going to possibly let $150-$200 get in your way of upgrading? I say possibly because I feel that current iPhone owners will be able to get the upgrade price and sign another 2 year contract. Could be wrong though... only time will tell.

Should'nt you have voted not sure yet? ;)

If there is some serious upgrades on the hardware, I would throw 200 towards a new iphone (if they did a special upgrade). A different color and more storage space would not be enough to make me shell out the cash though...

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I really doubt it will be. It's an iphone with the missing features as well as new ones and a real kb. Has the webkit browser, capacitive screen, multitouch, etc. The only thing i'll be missing are the apps but then again, the few useful apps on iphone are likely to be over on the Pre. Plus you know the iphone won't add multitasking, offer synergy or handle notifications the way the Pre does.

For multitasking, the iphone will need totally new hardware, upgraded OS and wouldn't be compatible with older iphones. Not to mention it would risk not having such a simple UI that is so appealing to its target market.

Combine that with saving 70 or so a month on a cheaper unlimited plan that offers better speed and coverage (for me) as well as much fewer dropped calls and its kind of a nobrainer.

I seriously like the iphone as much as anyone, but the party is coming to an end for AT&T and its price gouging.

I agree - the core functionality of the Pre will be there - calling (yes, some of us actually use these devices for CALLS! Go figure!), browsing, messaging, PIM, etc. I am sure some good apps will follow. While I like the iPhone too, I just can not give up good service and ATT does not offer me good service. Maybe the new one will be better and the network will improve - who knows at this point.

As for apps - while I like the iPhone and appreciate the app store, I think it is a little over blown as a competitive advantage - app stores are coming for all platforms AND most of the iPhone apps are crap.

So a Pre for me in the short term and then re-evaluate later this year.

IndyJonez

May 31, 2008
Visit site

Great post.

I really hope the Pre kicks off well, I would really like to see some healthy competition to the iPhone.

And let's say the Pre is released in the next couple months, I hope Apple is waiting in the darkness until June with that Pre/iPhone 3G killer! ;)

I voted YES. I have wanted an iPhone since the first one was released and now that my T-Mobile contract has run dry just this past month I am on stand-by at least until June/July (WWDC) to see what, if anything, is next.

But I'm keeping expectations low with high hopes. No need to set yourself up for dissapointment, ya know. :D

Only 96 days until June 1st! Imagine all the speculation that will have been out by then! LoL, I love it!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Great post.

I really hope the Pre kicks off well, I would really like to see some healthy competition to the iPhone.

And let's say the Pre is released in the next couple months, I hope Apple is waiting in the darkness until June with that Pre/iPhone 3G killer! ;)

I voted YES. I have wanted an iPhone since the first one was released and now that my T-Mobile contract has run dry just this past month I am on stand-by at least until June/July (WWDC) to see what, if anything, is next.

But I'm keeping expectations low with high hopes. No need to set yourself up for dissapointment, ya know. :D

Only 96 days until June 1st! Imagine all the speculation that will have been out by then! LoL, I love it!

The Pre is not Palms saving grace - promise you that, but that's a whole other thread. ;) http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/smartphone-different-other-gadgets/168752-palm-pre-6.html

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

How much are you paying for your iPhone plan? The data plan is only $30. You must have an expensive text and voice plan.

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
What could be better

I haven't read any of the posts about the rumors of the new iPhone yet as I'm new to the site, but how could you get better than the 3G??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal