Hello,
    I am looking for an iPhone app that when connected with the cable to my PC, allows me to browse (explore) my PC from the iPhone and copy files...to the iPhone.

does this exist?

Thank you,
    iphonebeginner
    02-23-2009 01:00 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't know of an app that will let you browse your pc, as well as, move files back and forth. That is one thing I miss about my BlackBerry, was that it's sd card would show up on my computer and I move files to it that my BlackBerry would be able to read and email.

There are some wifi apps that let you move things back and forth between your pc and your iPhone, but they obviously aren't connected via cable. Air Sharing, Briefcase, etc.

But after looking into this just now, I found one called FlashDrive by Readdle that supposedly lets you move all compatible files to your iPhone from your pc. It also gives you the ability to email these files through their sever from your iPhone. I'm going to give this app a try, looks interesting. I'm not sure what kind of security or encryption Readdle uses to keep your documents private, but I'm sure you could contact them for specifics. This looks like an app that could be really useful.
    02-23-2009 06:19 PM
    Try DiskAid and see if that fit's your needs. FWIW I use Sugarsync to sync all my PC's (3), files with one another OTA AND with my iPhone.
    02-23-2009 08:09 PM
    Thank you for replying,
    I looked into DiskAid and Flash Drive. It seems that the way these work is that I can view the iPhone from my PC. I am looking for the other way around. That when I plug in my iPhone, I can browse my PC directly from the iPhone.
    02-25-2009 11:37 AM
    Thank you for replying,
    I looked into DiskAid and Flash Drive. It seems that the way these work is that I can view the iPhone from my PC. I am looking for the other way around. That when I plug in my iPhone, I can browse my PC directly from the iPhone.
    If your plugged into your computer with your iPhone why would you want to search it from the iPhone. I would just use the computer to search.

There are always remote apps (VNC, WinAdmin), but you won't be able to save files on the iPhone. You might want to look into JB your phone.
    02-26-2009 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD